CONGA V July 12- 15, 2012--JOIN US!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CONGA V July 12- 15, 2012--JOIN US!

Id like to invite you all to Conga V in Shell, WY, July 12 15th. Conga is a small group of riding ladies (and Cabana boys) from all over the US, Texas, and Canada who meet up and invade the tiny town of Shell in the name of breast cancer awareness and fundraising. Many riders are breast cancer survivors or are currently battling cancer.

Its called Conga because anyone can join in for a few miles or a few hundred miles or all the way to Shell. The towns of Shell and Greybull have really opened their hearts to the Conga event and plan additional activities and fundraising events to coincide. Last year we raised a combined total of $35K.

The event as you can see involves plenty of pink and blinged out Bikes.

Even the Cabana boys get into the action.

There are tons of ways to be involved if you cannot make it to Shell. There are direct donation links (for both Canada and US donation sites) that I can provide. BUT the most exciting way to get involved is by purchasing raffle tickets for this gorgeous Hand-stitched queen sized quilt, lovingly made and donated by breast cancer survivor Sandi Nickel. I am proud to say I own one of her creations and it is simply heirloom quality. The money from the raffle goes directly to the National Breast Cancer Research Foundation. It is tax deductible and you will get a receipt from the NBCF. The drawing is July 14th in Shell. You do not need to be present to win.

I bought several tickets and would absolutely love it if someone I knew won the quilt. http://amazing-production-7462.ticke...rg--page_id-16

Here are a few pics of the quilt. There are more if you are interested.

I hope you can join us in Shell. We are trying to double the town population this year. We might make it considering the newly updated population sign boasts a mere 80 residents.

I can provide more information if you have any questions.
    Wanda
    HERD Member #00180 • Proud HS III, IV, and V survivor.
    A DREAM. A VISION. A QUEST. (In memory of Big Mike)

That seems like a nice and worthy event,wishing I could do that one too.The wifey is already pizzling about Me going so many places without Her and I`ll be leaving shortly after that for Alaska,She`d really pizz if I told Her I was going to an event for a few days.She told Me last night,"I`ll hardlay get to see You for the next three months."
    Ear Tag no. 00030
    MMMMOOoo"Official HERD Exalted Prime Example"...
    Do`nt need no stinking hay,We want fresh green spring grass
    If they get close enough kick em in the crotch,MMMOOOOooo
    The missing link
    http://www.shovelhead.us/

Comment

Wow.....Pink would really stand out on my black scooter!
      2010 FLHX - Street Glide
      HERD MEMBER #00003

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarty51 View Post
        That seems like a nice and worthy event,wishing I could do that one too.The wifey is already pizzling about Me going so many places without Her and I`ll be leaving shortly after that for Alaska,She`d really pizz if I told Her I was going to an event for a few days.She told Me last night,"I`ll hardlay get to see You for the next three months."
        I wish you could too. You would probably be one of the closer ones. Have a great trip to Alaska. A friend did it last year traveling from Delaware to Alaska on a Fatboy. I can hook you two up. He might have some helpful tips on the road conditions and places to stay. His pictures were great. Cannot wait to see yours.

Originally posted by TheBoss View Post
        Wow.....Pink would really stand out on my black scooter!
        Go for it Boss. There is a group leaving out of Texas. One of the gals I met a couple of years ago sadly lost her battle to BC. Her DH is still coming and bring several riders with him.

I bought a bit of pink and pink tutu to wear over my white jeans. I am not crazy enough to be gluing things to my bike but will bling it out as best I can.
        Wanda

Comment

I told ya all I would be pushing the raffle tickets once we got back. The Conga fundraising has stalled--we are so behind and the event is only 3 weeks away. This is an amazing quilt and would make a great gift.

Please buy a few tickets.
          HERE IS YOUR CHANCE TO OWN THIS LOVELY HAND-STITCHED TREE OF LIFE QUILT lovingly created by breast cancer survivor Sandi Nickel.

Raffle tickets are only $5 each. All proceeds go to the National Breast Cancer Research Foundation and are tax deductible. You will get a tax receipt from NBCF. The drawing is July 14th. LET'S KICK CANCER TO THE CURB!

This is a large quilt and is heirloom status.
          It's BEAUTIFUL! Get your raffle tickets here: http://amazing-production-7462.ticke...rg--page_id-16

If you have any questions, Please PM me. I wish all the HS III members and more could show up in Shell this year. We could all ride Beartooth and Chief Joseph.
          Wanda

Comment

BUMP. If you cannot attent the event in Shell, WY, please get your tax deductible tickets for the quilt.
            I wish we could have a post Herdstock Meet-up.
            Loved meeting you all.
            Last edited by HDdeluxeGAL; 06-29-2012, 08:38 PM.
            Wanda

Comment

Just purchased some tickets Wanda, a wonderful cause!!
              Miles are on a road map, close to home is here
              Very Proud member #99
              Official Herd Hugger
              Count your life by smiles, not tears:
              Count your age by friends, not years.
              Old bikers don't gray, they CHROME OUT!!

Comment

THANK YOU!!! Hope you win.
                Wanda

Comment

BUMP!!! Get your tax deductible tickets for this amazing quilt to benefit breast cancer research. Only 12 days until the drawing.
                  http://amazing-production-7462.ticke...rg--page_id-16
                  Wanda

Comment

I am having a fabulous time in the West with these lovely cancer fighters and survivors. I will post pictures of the trip when I get home.
                    I just wanted to remind you all tonight is the raffle drawing for the amazing quilt. I saw it a little while ago in person and it is just fantastic.

Please get your tickets. tinyurl.com/quiltraffle

It is all for breast cancer research. 100% of all donations goes to the National Breast Cancer Research Foundation. This would make a lovely gift.

Wanda

Comment

AND A BIG THANKS TO ALL YOU WHO HAVE ALREADY PURCHASED TICKETS!! <love>
                      Wanda

Comment

Working...
                      X