Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sturgis 2015

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Sturgis 2015

    Sturgis Rally 2015 August 3-9th, 2015




    Celebrating 75 years of the worlds largest biker party on the planet!

    With 74 years under itís belt, the Sturgis Rally 2015 will be the worldís largest biker party ĖEVER!
    From itís humble beginnings in 1938, the Sturgis Motorcycle Rally this year celebrates 75 years of bikers gathering in Sturgis South Dakota (a sleepy town of about 6,500 residents located in Meade County). This year, it is expected that nearly
    1 Million Party Seeking Bikers

    will come to South Dakota looking to join the largest biker party on the planet celebrating harleys, biker culture and freedom.

    Because the rally is located in the beautiful Black Hills, many bikers enjoy joining one of the many coordinated rides that are scheduled or visiting any of the multiple national monuments including Mount Rushmore, Crazy Horse Mountain, Devilís tower in Wyoming or traveling the majestic needles highway Ė all within a dayís ride of Sturgis. If touring is your bag, then check out our list of rally day trips. When visiting the Sturgis Motorcycle Rally youíll marvel at the majesty that is South Dakota!

    http://www.rallysturgis.com/








    OFFICIAL HERD MEMBER #83
    2014 FLHXS
    U.S. NAVY Veteran

  • #2
    This trip is really tempting but I hate dealing with mass crowd and some posers that will be there this year!
    .
    2010 FLHX - Street Glide
    HERD MEMBER #00003

    Comment


    • #3
      Have been to Sturgis twice and that was once too many............................Way too many people and lots of drunks riding around. Everyone should go at least once but I wouldn't make it this year. Expecting 1 million people? Ain't no way I would go out there in that mess this year. After having done both....................I enjoy our trip to Arkansas in September each year way better than Sturgis.
      Herd Member #87
      US Navy Veteran

      Comment


      • #4
        We'll be going with my dad and brother, and the kidlet wants to go as well. But as usual we're going up the Tuesday before and will be heading home on Sunday August 2nd. Mostly because it was next to impossible to get a room during the actual week, but also because the crowds during bike week aren't that fun for me either. This will be the last time we go for a while, I expect.
        Kristy
        Official HERD Member #00205

        '09 Softail Deluxe - Mojo
        Stage 1, dyno, no major mods but it's shiny!

        Comment


        • #5
          I'm not really a fan of poker runs, can't even imagine what a million people on bikes would look like.
          Official HERD Member #00212
          The only place one man's liberty should end is where mine begins.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Mittens View Post
            can't even imagine what a million people on bikes would look like.
            A very large cluster f**k is what that would look like. LOL
            Herd Member #87
            US Navy Veteran

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by wndchsr View Post
              A very large cluster f**k is what that would look like. LOL
              I was guessing something closer to a clustered monkey f**k. :>
              Official HERD Member #00212
              The only place one man's liberty should end is where mine begins.

              Comment


              • #8
                Like Jeff said...You have to make it to at least one to say you did it. But this year may not be the right year to go.
                .
                2010 FLHX - Street Glide
                HERD MEMBER #00003

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Mittens View Post
                  I was guessing something closer to a clustered monkey f**k. :>
                  :)

                  Originally posted by TheBoss View Post
                  Like Jeff said...You have to make it to at least one to say you did it. But this year may not be the right year to go.
                  Yes
                  Herd Member #87
                  US Navy Veteran

                  Comment


                  • #10






                    .
                    2010 FLHX - Street Glide
                    HERD MEMBER #00003

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I like the way we did Sturgis 2 years ago at HS4. about 2 months before the rally. Best way to do Sturgis IMO. I've been to one large rally and have no desire to go to Sturgis even just to say I did it. I've been there and seen all it has to offer minus all the idiots and that was good enough for me. I will go back again someday but it will be before or after the rally.
                      Josh
                      Herd Member #00042
                      2017 Road Glide Ultra

                      R.I.P. Dad 1951-2015

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Make sure you let me know when you are going Josh! I'll do that ride again any day!
                        .
                        2010 FLHX - Street Glide
                        HERD MEMBER #00003

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by DoubleJ View Post
                          I like the way we did Sturgis 2 years ago at HS4. about 2 months before the rally. Best way to do Sturgis IMO. I've been to one large rally and have no desire to go to Sturgis even just to say I did it. I've been there and seen all it has to offer minus all the idiots and that was good enough for me. I will go back again someday but it will be before or after the rally.
                          i'll second that
                          Expectations managed for free

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I'll third it. I went the first 2 days in 2009 on our way back from our tour. too many idiots screaming up the roads. ANd heading home we had a heck of a time finding a place to stay anywhere within 600 miles of Sturgis--even after that.
                            Wanda
                            HERD Member #00180 • Proud HS III, IV, and V survivor.
                            A DREAM. A VISION. A QUEST. (In memory of Big Mike)

                            Comment


                            • #15

                              Originally posted by TheBoss View Post
                              This trip is really tempting but I hate dealing with mass crowd and some posers that will be there this year!
                              Agreed. Not going this year.
                              Official HERD Member #00219
                              2012 Road Glide Ultra
                              U.S. Air Force Veteran

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X