Hocking Hills Herd Hook-Up!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hocking Hills Herd Hook-Up!!!

Attention Ohio Herd!!! ...And any other Herd that wants to attend!!! I'll be coming home for the month of July and WideOpen suggested we do a ride, so I'm running with it.

What: Hocking Hills Ride - It's WideOpen's back yard, so he'll be taking point as far as ride planning and vittles stops.

-Area information can be found HERE.

When: Either Saturday July 14th or Sunday July 15th. Haven't decided which yet, but it'll be the day that works out best for maximum participation...but probably Saturday.

We've got about three hours' ride to get there so we'll probably be riding in on Friday the 13th (right?) and getting a hotel, then doing the ride on Saturday, and then ride back towards Celina on Sunday.

Pappy, I assume you and mom will be making this...and that you'll be splitting the cost of the hotel?

:laughout

We can also discuss in here plans for small meet-ups for the ride there...Strat and Sporty...that means YOU! ...And I think Dragon's from Springfield? That sounds right. He'll be on the way too.

Anybody who's interested, post up here so we can start getting the details together!!!

WideOpen...seein' as you have moderator privelages, feel free to edit this initial post as information presents itself.

Sounds great! As far as grub, if you're on a bike, hungry and in the Hocking Hills, Jimbo's is THE place. I'll lay out my favorite ride down through there and post the route in this thread in the next few days.

Comment

Sounds awesome!

The ole Herd efficiency setting itself into motion like a well-oiled machine. I love it!

Comment

:brian2

I'm too far!
        2010 FLHX - Street Glide
        HERD MEMBER #00003

Comment

FYI...I'm looking at this place for a Cabin among others. The rates are among the lowest and they offer a military discount.

Pinecrest Cabins

Comment

We've been past there. 664 is one of the routes we usually try to take through there, but being local have never stayed there. JC may have heard about them.

Comment

I'm open to suggestions. I'd like a cabin that's 2 bedroom with AC. That's really the only things I need. I think the wife would enjoy a cabin more than a roach motel.

Comment

Do these cabins have swings in the bedrooms?:laughout
                "The road goes on forever, and the party never ends" (Robert Earl Keen)
                Dave
                Celina, OH
                Official HERD Member #00158
                2012 Road Glide Ultra, Big Blue Pearl.

Comment

Hobo said "We've got about three hours' ride to get there so we'll probably be riding in on Friday the 13th (right?) and getting a hotel, then doing the ride on Saturday, and then ride back towards Celina on Sunday."

Anything worth a chit is three hours from Celina.
                  Dave
                  Celina, OH

Comment

Originally posted by Pappy View Post
                    Hobo said "We've got about three hours' ride to get there so we'll probably be riding in on Friday the 13th (right?) and getting a hotel, then doing the ride on Saturday, and then ride back towards Celina on Sunday."

Anything worth a chit is three hours from Celina.
                    Uh Dad...Your Beer Fridge and Winery are both right there in the garage!

Comment

Originally posted by HoboCoastie View Post
                      Uh Dad...Your Beer Fridge and Winery are both right there in the garage!

True that. Okay almost nothin' worth a chit.
                      Dave
                      Celina, OH

Comment

140 miles is a hop-skip -n jump from Pittsburgh...I'll lend a lil flavor to the buckeye crowd ifn I can pull it off. jus sayin!
                        George
                        Official Herd Member #00174
                        God is great, beer is good and people are crazy!
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by GonFishn View Post
                          140 miles is a hop-skip -n jump from Pittsburgh...I'll lend a lil flavor to the buckeye crowd ifn I can pull it off. jus sayin!

That would be cool if you folks can make it!!
                          2010 FLHX - Street Glide
                          HERD MEMBER #00003

Comment

Me and the Mrs are in!

Sunday sure would work a lot better than Saturday for me, as there is no way in a frosted whales arse I can get a Saturday off.

Mark, 664 is awesome, LOVE that road its gorgeous and goes right in to the best of the best there

I will make sure PfeiferD and Crash know about it as well. They both check in here bout once a week or so but never post up.

I dont see why we shouldnt have 10 to 15 bikes rolling strong.

Remember, Sunday Sunday Sunday!
                            JC
                            Is it time for Herdstock yet?!?!?
                            Official HERD Member #00162

sigpic

Comment

I spose Sunday could work as well. Have to see if Pappy's on vacation or not so we can head back Monday instead of Sunday.

We'll have to see what the general consensus is, cuz those that have a ways to ride in might need Sunday for traveling back.
                              Last edited by HoboCoastie; 06-02-2012, 08:38 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X