X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MrMarty51
    replied
    Originally posted by Pappy View Post
    I Guess the crank does not actually twist, it is a two piece deal and it can slip out of alignment. On that site I was reading the tell how to fix it, but the crank has to be out of the engine because you weld it.
    And if You have the crank out to get it welded,theys a whole buncha mods that could prolly cause it to twist again,Juz sayin in case Yuh has a needs fer speeeeeed.

Leave a comment:

• Pappy
    replied
    I Guess the crank does not actually twist, it is a two piece deal and it can slip out of alignment. On that site I was reading the tell how to fix it, but the crank has to be out of the engine because you weld it.

Leave a comment:

• HoboCoastie
    replied
    Originally posted by Pappy View Post
    Here is an article that talks about the crank twist issue, it is about 3/4 of the way through the article. Sounds like it might be more likely in engines that are run a little hard.

http://www.baggersmag.com/tech/0805_...eel_fixes.html
    Yeah, i was fixin to say that youd have to be beatin on ur Hoss pretty hard indeed to twist the crank. Probably cant do it without all kinds of crazy mods.

Leave a comment:

• Pappy
    replied
    Here is an article that talks about the crank twist issue, it is about 3/4 of the way through the article. Sounds like it might be more likely in engines that are run a little hard.

http://www.baggersmag.com/tech/0805_...eel_fixes.html

Leave a comment:

• o8h0g
    replied
    Ok, here is the one I had, maybe your cam bearing were changed under warranty. This is a pretty decent article.

http://rmhfaq.com/TC88cambearing.htm

Leave a comment:

• o8h0g
    replied
    Yes that is true Pappy, although I never heard of crank twist from anyone I know. You can have the cam bearings changed and the primary chain tensioner is no big deal. You can change that in about an hour. You might want to look into a Hayden self adjusting tensioner. Once you put it in, that is it you are done, no adjustments to be made. All you have to do is change your primary fluid on regular scheduled maintence. As far as cam bearings, with only 600 mies, you should not have to worry about it. I will try to dig up what I have on that issue and post it.

Leave a comment:

• Pappy
    replied
    The more I read about this engine, the more concerned I become. There was the cam bearing bolt issue, but I also hear about primary chain tensioner problems, and crank twist. Anybody shed some light on this stuff?

Leave a comment:

• trobbins
    replied
    what aboute a fatvo building one to try 100 h.p all stock well a cam

Leave a comment:

• krcampbell
    replied
    Originally posted by Ironhead View Post
    eh-hem!!!!!! forgetting another one?????

you know which one I am talking about.....

say it...

Say It.....
    Hard Head, ugh I mean Iorn Head

Leave a comment:

• Motive
    replied
    Only two cams?

Leave a comment:

• Ironhead
    replied
    Originally posted by SofaPilot View Post
    [ATTACH]1393[/ATTACH]

don't forget the knuckle head
    eh-hem!!!!!! forgetting another one?????

you know which one I am talking about.....

say it...

Say It.....

Leave a comment:

• wndchsr
    replied
    Agree, the name change is good.

Leave a comment:

• V-Girl
    replied
    Yeah thanks Frank!!!

Leave a comment:

• Dimoncutr