Tourpak on Softail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hockeydawg12 View Post
    How do you think that leather tourpak in the first post compares for capacity with a large T-Bag or Saddleman bag that fits over a backrest? I could use a new bag for the back of the fatty, but not sure if I wanna put the money into a removable leather tourpak or a new T-Bag..
    I think the regular Tourpak is a bit larger and without looking at the leather one, would think a little more secure. I am cutting in a second lock on my Tourpak lid so both latches lock... I have used T-Bags before, they are nice but most of them are very soft and pliable... T Bag does make a bag that is a direct fit for the Tourpak on top of the luggage rack for road trips.. I might end up with one of them for extra capacity.. on long hauls...
    Lee....... If ya ain't the lead dog... the view never changes....

Can weld anything but a broken heart

......It's a rebar thing.....
    HERD member # 00015

Comment

I looked at the expandable Saddlemen (BR3400EX) and the T-Bag Expandable. They both claim to have about 3500 cubic inches of storage. The leather Tour-Pak, per the Harley website is actually only 2500 cubic inches of storage. I was surprised..

But, I do agree, Lee, that the Tour-Pak does provide better protection, and with being lockable, is more secure. At a price.
      A.K.A. Chad
      Official Ear Tag #163
      Official Member Paracord Posse
      2012 FLHTK Ultra Limited
      "I talk a lot but don't say much, and I know it..."
      "If you want a friend in Washington, get a dog."

Comment

Originally posted by hockeydawg12 View Post
        I looked at the expandable Saddlemen (BR3400EX) and the T-Bag Expandable. They both claim to have about 3500 cubic inches of storage. The leather Tour-Pak, per the Harley website is actually only 2500 cubic inches of storage. I was surprised..

But, I do agree, Lee, that the Tour-Pak does provide better protection, and with being lockable, is more secure. At a price.
        You can find them private party,or Ebay.. I bought mine used from a mom n pop shop for $150...It was the King pack with no corner lights, I found the complete Ultra light panel new in the box for $30 and cut it into my pack ,,,am installing LED lights.... already have the speaker pods on it as I was using it 2 up...
        Lee....... If ya ain't the lead dog... the view never changes....

Can weld anything but a broken heart

......It's a rebar thing.....
        HERD member # 00015

Comment

Working...
        X