Operation: Fatboy Facelift

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Operation: Fatboy Facelift

ok, I figured since I am going to be redoing the fatboy this winter, and I started ordering parts already (Thank you State Farm Insurance)
    I might as well start a thread that I will keep updating as I am working on it.

I ordered a 5.5 gal 2 inch stretched tank yesterday and my new bars and fenders.

here is a sneak peak of the fenders and bars
    Attached Files
    Ride in Peace Wndchsr

www.my.doterra.com/jbush

That's right, no more ape hangers.
    I love my apes, but with the carple tunnel in my right wrist, I can't ride them anymore, so I am going with the pullback drag bars. these bars are 30 inches wide (my apes are 39) so they will take some getting use to.
    the rear fender wrapps around alot further than stock, Almost like a ness tail dragger fender. I love the look of it, and the front fender wrapps a little further. 2 completely different fenders but the tailing edge of each has the same cut, so they should look cool as hell together.

I chose these bars because they just look cool, and even tho they are low slung drag bar styled, they have a 10 inch rise and the solid sleeve riser is better than the dual tube risers on most bars like these because all wiring will be hidden
    Ride in Peace Wndchsr

www.my.doterra.com/jbush

Comment

Man, looks like she'll be completely different when you get r done.
      2018 Road Glide
      Member #00014

Comment

Those bars look awesome..look forward to watching the redo.
        sigpic

Herd #132

Comment

the Ape Hangers bye, bye!

OLD SKOOL BIKERS RULE, WE DO WHAT IT TAKES AND LIKE IT!!!
          With age comes wisdom, yeah right!
          FIRST "HERD BIKE OF THE MONTH CLUB MEMBER"
          RIP Rick.....Ride On Forever In Our Hearts My Brother!

Comment

What color/design are you painting it?
            2010 FLHX - Street Glide
            HERD MEMBER #00003

Comment

Yes, the bike will look like a completely different bike when done.
              Yeah, Croc, kiss the apes goodbye, a sad day indeed

Boss,
              I am doing a rich, bright blue over black with a tribal blade styled graphic separating the 2 colors. it will be airbrushed to look 3D
              Ride in Peace Wndchsr

www.my.doterra.com/jbush

Comment

Did you get rid of the apes because of the hard time in Indiana?
                2010 FLHX - Street Glide
                HERD MEMBER #00003

Comment

Originally posted by TheBoss View Post
                  Did you get rid of the apes because of the hard time in Indiana?
                  hard time????

main reason I am ditching them is the carple tunnel. after riding for more than 30 minutes or so, my entire right arm from elbow to finger tips gets cold and goes numb
                  Ride in Peace Wndchsr

www.my.doterra.com/jbush

Comment

Nice.... can't wait to see the tins and final product on this one.....
                    HERD # 00075
                    08 Stage II 103 Ultra Classic
                    USMC Veteran

Comment

nice josh...while you got the rear fender in its primal form you ought to do some real modifying on it.....some custom metal work with LEDs mounted inside the feder so you end up with a smooth finish on the outside. a bot more work, but hell man, you got all winter

keep it clean and go custom
                      Twenty First Herdster
                      * When Its All Said And Done, Will You Have Said More Than You Have Done?
                      ** How Old Would You Be If You Didnt Know How Old You Where?
                      99 FLSTF
                      03 FLHTCI

Comment

man i hate to see the apes go...you think maybe just some shorter bars 14 or 16's would help? Either way that rear fender is going to look killer I have always like those wrap-around fenders. cant wait to see it finished.
                        ALARCOGAILINIAKSKYMDMIMNMSMONENMNCOHOKPASDTNTXUTWV WIWYsm.jpg
                        Josh #00042
                        R.I.P. Dad 1951-2015

Comment

Originally posted by Ironhead View Post
                          hard time????

main reason I am ditching them is the carple tunnel. after riding for more than 30 minutes or so, my entire right arm from elbow to finger tips gets cold and goes numb
                          that happens to my buddy but its from poor blood circulation from hands being above heart while riding..also handlebar vibrations can do it in no time tunnel carple sucks i have it also tennis/framers elbow,but my mini apes are staying
                          09 Softail Springer FLSTFBT "AKA" Heritage Fatbones Touring
                          www.youtube.com/user/bcvtwin?feature=mhee

herd #148

Comment

Originally posted by Ironhead View Post
                            That's right, no more ape hangers.
                            Traitor!! :)
                            **Note: The technical info I provide is suggestive. I am not a perfeshunel.

"No two motorcycles should be the same. Your bike should be based on your creativity, and whatever's going on in your life at that time..." Jesse James

HERD Member #10

Comment

Originally posted by Dave63 View Post
                              Traitor!! :)
                              I'm a Bass-Turd
                              Ride in Peace Wndchsr

www.my.doterra.com/jbush

Comment

Working...
                              X