cracked throttle cables

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cracked throttle cables

just noticed my cables housings have a crack in the outter black sheathing right at the point where they go under the tank on the right side.not good,but cosmetic at this point ,but i looked at my buddies 06 springer and his are really bad slowing down the return side of the throttle,and as i said not good.seems harley didnt leave enough flex in them from factory and now they will be replaced under warrenty.by flex i just mean they were rapped up to tight and there isnt enough movement so they kink instead.thought id mention this so everybody can inspect their cables..
    ride often but ride safe 1 1a
    09 Softail Springer FLSTFBT "AKA" Heritage Fatbones Touring
    www.youtube.com/user/bcvtwin?feature=mhee

herd #148

It's because they are cheap and not thick enough to withhold the pressure. It can happen on the Fat Boys as well....
    2010 FLHX - Street Glide
    HERD MEMBER #00003

Comment

its just the outer sheathing looks like the inner wrap is fine but will have the replaced anyway.never had these issues with my sporty did i say that out loud

herd #148

Comment

Genuine Harley Parts....made in Japan....:)

Change the suckers out and use good cables!

I like Goodridge or Barnett cables and hoses! Stainless with clear coating!!!
        They really last a long time and hold their look as long as you don't get lube under the clearcoating.
        OLD SKOOL BIKERS RULE, WE DO WHAT IT TAKES AND LIKE IT!!!
        With age comes wisdom, yeah right!
        FIRST "HERD BIKE OF THE MONTH CLUB MEMBER"
        RIP Rick.....Ride On Forever In Our Hearts My Brother!

Comment

Originally posted by Crocodile56 View Post
          Genuine Harley Parts....made in Japan....:)

Change the suckers out and use good cables!

I like Goodridge or Barnett cables and hoses! Stainless with clear coating!!!
          They really last a long time and hold their look as long as you don't get lube under the clearcoating.
          ive used goodridge products in the past and been happy ..i know barnett also has a good name but this will be done under warrenty so i have no choice stocker it will be untill they stop fixing for free then ill take matters into my own hands so to speak

herd #148

Comment

just got home from mountainview harley them guys are awesome ..not only did they fix my cables and replaced a shifter arm all for free ,but the service manager purchased some toy run tickets off me so the kids have a good christmas..good bunch over there
            anyone witha springer check your cables its a known fact that springers have more steering travel left to right thats why they are cracking prematurely

herd #148

Comment

Working...
            X