jiffy stand issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jiffy stand issues

well the new bike is only 3 months old and ive had my kickstand fall down 3 times 2 of which were no big deal the 3rd time it locked and scrapped pretty bad..went to the dealer today he replaced the spring and bent the little tab into alighnment and its good to go..just thought id post incase someone else is having similar problem..while i was there i had them adjust my throttle cables and order me a new heel shifter arm..mine was bent from day 1 so all was covered under warrenty..gotta like that

09 Softail Springer FLSTFBT "AKA" Heritage Fatbones Touring
    www.youtube.com/user/bcvtwin?feature=mhee

herd #148

Did someone forget something on the assembly line? Better check your sled thoroughly.
    2010 FLHX - Street Glide
    HERD MEMBER #00003

Comment

Originally posted by TheBoss View Post
      Did someone forget something on the assembly line? Better check your sled thoroughly.

nothing missing just defective spring and since it hit when it fell down the spring tab was bent ..he just replaced the spring and bent the tab back and all is well.as for the rest of the bike no complaints i do check my ride often for loose fasteners i dont get them all but sooner or later i end up checking just about everything

herd #148

Comment

Ypur scoot must have been built on a Monday morrning after a BIG HD beer party weekend....
        Lee....... If ya ain't the lead dog... the view never changes....

Can weld anything but a broken heart

......It's a rebar thing.....
        HERD member # 00015

Comment

good to hear you got it fixed so quickly. also glad it didn't crash you, i had one come down once and it picked the bikes rear up a little and hopped over in a turn. took me 3 days to get the seat out of my arse!
          Crazy people don't know they're crazy, I know I'm crazy therefore I'm not crazy, isn't that crazy.....

Comment

lol i hear ya im glad i noticed right away but still makes heart jump when it happens

herd #148

Comment

This is why I carry extra springs! I have an annoying habit of rolling off with the stand down and bending the spring, which causes it to hang down in the up position. Sounds like your dragging the foot boards though!
              Tommy
              HERD Member #141

"To ride, or not to ride... THAT is a stupid question!"

Comment

Working...
              X