Mustang Sport Touring Studded Solo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mustang Sport Touring Studded Solo

I just bought this seat MUSTANG SPORT TOURING SOLO. Does anyone else own this seat, or any Mustang seat at that.

Was it a pain in the butt to put on?

Took me forever to get it lined up to the rear mounting bolts. They fell out a few times. Which in the end made it easier to put the seat on. However, I still had to remove the saddlebag on the left side, squeeze my arm up into the fender, and manage to squeeze it all together.

If I have to go through this each time I take it off I may not keep it on there. I'm also slightly nervous, the rubber mounts on the left side do not touch the frame as snug as the right side. I am praying after some miles it will "shimmy" itself into place and make the next installation easier.

Also never realized how narrow these seats are at the front.
    -Shane
    Official HERD Member #00189
    sigpic

Talked to Mustang directly. They said it is the right seat for the bike and I could have "lubed the rubber and it might have slid in easier" Haha...sorry.

Anyways, it is on. Took it for a test ride and I think I like it. Not sure yet.

Supposedly the seat will work its way into place the more I ride and compress the rubber mounts. They also said my rear stock seat won't fit with the new Mustang seat. Guess what, it fits. I still plan to get the wife the seat that goes with this one so she can be a little more comfortable too. I'm just ready for her to get her own ride, and so is she. One reason I didn't get the 2 seater one piece.
    -Shane
    Official HERD Member #00189
    sigpic

Comment

I have the Mustang Touring, 2 person in a single seat. Goes right in and bolts up. Pretty comfy.
      Mark
      HERDSTER 204
      09 FLHR
      16 FLHTK

Comment

Working...
      X