Handlebar part #

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Handlebar part #

Does anyone have the HD stock Handlebar part number for a 2009 - 1200 Custom?

The HD page is not helping.

Thanks!!!
    08 FLSTC - cus we likes to ride! HERD#146 - Thanks Classy! USN - Retired
    When I wear an "Old Navy" shirt, it is not a fashion statement, it is just a statement.
    Looking at life from the back of the HERD....All I see is...well, you know! :)

I have the 2011 catalog downloaded; what style handlebars are you wanting?
    Patti, HERD Georgia Girl #113

RubberDown/Double Secret Agent #19 and Ozzyrral #213...RIP
    We will ride again wndchsr...
    'If you obey all the rules you miss all the fun.' - Katherine Hepburn

Comment

I want one a few inches taller or slightly pulled back and possibly not have to change the cables and such.
      My arms are fully straight when I ride and I like to have them slightly bent.
      I was trying to get the part number to compare their dimensions to a new one.

Thanks

Ed
      When I wear an "Old Navy" shirt, it is not a fashion statement, it is just a statement.

Comment

PM sent...

Comment

The weird part that those part numbers dimensions do not match the one in the bike right now.

Very strange....

Make me wonder if it was changed before it was sold. It only had 9 miles on it soooooooo.....:read

Comment

Originally posted by Juiced View Post
            The weird part that those part numbers dimensions do not match the one in the bike right now.

Very strange....

Make me wonder if it was changed before it was sold. It only had 9 miles on it soooooooo.....:read
            Could have, and wonder what else got changed...sorry I couldn't help...

Comment

You helped just fine!

Thanks!

Ed

Comment

Umm, even if the cables don't need lengthened, that brake hose will. That's one main thing holdin' me off.

I'm thinkin' of puttin' on these.

Hell of a sale! They're about 2" taller than stock for my '07 1200. They do make taller ones in the same line.
                Think they will fit... nevermind the "pre-82".
                Last edited by Monk; 08-29-2010, 08:28 PM.
                Official Herd Dumbass
                (Ask anybody)

MONK
                Crocified '07 XL1200C
                Herd #34

Comment

The Pre 82 means it is not "dimpled" for the wires. Most likely that is why it is less expensive.

I like that style and the dimensions would work for me too. Pinching the wires may make it a no go, for me anyway.
                  I did notice the brake like being short. I think I still have a few longer ones in the racing box.

Thanks for the info and link!

Comment

Can you believe that price though???

When I first found 'em they were on sale for $29. Must not be sellin' very fast.

I'm thinkin' a guy might could dimple 'em himself (good sturdy screwdriver an' the nine pound hammer)..?
                    Or maybe a dremel?

But thanx back atcha! I did NOT know that!
                    Official Herd Dumbass
                    (Ask anybody)

MONK
                    Crocified '07 XL1200C
                    Herd #34

Comment

Great price! and I do have a 10 pound hammer (you always need a BIG hammer) : )

On a side note Mr. irate Pirate, when I reenlisted in the Gulf many moons ago, I requested all of the Officers dress up as pirates, which
                      they were happy to do. Best reenlistment I ever had!!

Crazy Ed

Comment

I earned my piracy certification many years ago... and not where you'd think.
                        Tellya about it sometime.

Maybe HERDSTOCK '11..?

I'm tryin' real hard to make that happen...

And that set of bars might make me drill an' internalize the bundles... be easier to do on yours, mine has that oddball riser setup.
                        Official Herd Dumbass
                        (Ask anybody)

MONK
                        Crocified '07 XL1200C
                        Herd #34

Comment

Odd ball? You should have the same one I have.....

Was it different in 07 to 09? :read

Comment

Think so... Osco has an 08 Roadster and his has traditional short risers and longer bars, Maybe that's particular to the Roadsters, my Custom has the one piece shaped housing that rises about 6" and pulls back about 2" then uses pretty short bars. Dunno what's on yours, gonna go look.
                            Official Herd Dumbass
                            (Ask anybody)

MONK
                            Crocified '07 XL1200C
                            Herd #34

Comment

It is the same setup.
                              I am a 6' rider and need a little bit more handle bar.

Different Kind of Pirate - Ed

Comment

Working...
                              X