sportster 48

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sportster 48

Just got home from taking my OL to a Dr appointment. while on the way back, we had to stop at a Dealership, they had a 48 sitting outside.

Let me tell you all, that is one badass looking bike. My OL is in love with it too. she wan't me to make her 883 look like it this winter. appears as tho a 16 by 3 front wheel, lowered shocks, shorter tubes, adn different bars, chop the rear fender, and a little black paint should cover most of it.

and a different seat. All I can say is that if I'd had $14000 in my pocket, she would have been driving the truck home and I owuld have been riding that thing home.

the bulkiness of the front end, and the way the entire bike is squattier (is that a word?) than a standard sportster just sets it apart from everything else. and say waht you want about the peanut tank, I think it looks perfect on there
    Ride in Peace Wndchsr

www.my.doterra.com/jbush

Click image for larger version

Name:	Sportster48..jpg
Views:	2
Size:	51.0 KB
ID:	977374and here it is....wish I would a had my camera with me at the dealership for some more views to share. this thing makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.......NOT! makes me wanna rip up some asphalt
    Ride in Peace Wndchsr

www.my.doterra.com/jbush

Comment

I saw it in a magazine and agree it is one bad ass looking machine. If my OL would let me have 2 this would be my second..i miss my sporty!!
      HERDSTER #00115
      Herdstock II survivor
      Herdstock III survivor
      Herdstock IV survivor
      Herdstock VI survivor
      MOO TON CREW member
      I like the dog. If he can't eat it or f**k it, he pisses on it. I can get behind that

Comment

not a practical bike for me.. but I agree, it does look pretty bad-azz. It's whole stance just looks so much more aggressive. The tank looks good.. but man, how low is that seat? It looked so low when i saw it in person!
        HERD MEMBER #00028
        http://treadonthis.blogspot.com
        How about STFU and have a glass of MOO
        Member of the Moo Ton Crew- Ain't no Atheists at 100 up!!!

Comment

thats a mean lookin bike, and anybody should be proud to own a sporty, especially that one....IMHO
          U.S. Army "Retired"
          (Disabled Veteran)

Comment

Yep! Like I said before, if I didn't have the V I'd be definitely be having one of those for beating around town!
            Official "Herd Booze taste tester!"

Member #0006 :babe

"Lead paint chips are chewy AND sweet......" In memory of Rick.

Comment

I agree, the seat is rather low, which to me, adds to the whole agressive stance of the machine. soon as $$$ permits, I'll be searching out parts to transform the OL's sporty. I'm still not too sure bout the hinged, flip out license plate mount, but the rest of the bike is awesome, Harley did good.

course they did it by checking out what alot of customizers were doing to their sportys.

hmmmmm, maybe the ironhead migh look awesome done up like the 48??? hmmmmm
              Ride in Peace Wndchsr

www.my.doterra.com/jbush

Comment

The front end on the bike is menacing for sure.....
                Chris (Steveston)
                Herd # 93
                Retired Navy Vet

Comment

The only problem with the tank is it's 2.2 gallon capacity. The rest of the bike is nice.
                  HERD Member #114
                  2007 FLHTCU Ultra Classic
                  When all else fails, GET A BIGGER HAMMER!
                  If common sense was so common, wouldn't everyone have it?

Comment

Originally posted by axxell33 View Post
                    not a practical bike for me.. but I agree, it does look pretty bad-azz. It's whole stance just looks so much more aggressive. The tank looks good.. but man, how low is that seat? It looked so low when i saw it in person!
                    NOT AS LOW AS THE FATBOY LOW`S SEAT !I like the wide front end on the 48 n wish my nightster had the same ! i also saw that the 48 has the mirrors under the bars ,which is a conversion that i just did last weekend !easy as pie n looks real sweet!!
                    herd member #00112
                    smitty
                    2009 nightster
                    AMA#262299 LIFE MEMBER

Comment

Some states the inverted mirrors aren't legal so I wonder if in those states they are sold upright?
                      HERD Member #114
                      2007 FLHTCU Ultra Classic
                      When all else fails, GET A BIGGER HAMMER!
                      If common sense was so common, wouldn't everyone have it?

Comment

dan ,thats like the h-d turn signal lens cap conversion from oem to the dark lens cap provides a amber lights instead of the red rear bulbs !???
                        herd member #00112
                        smitty
                        2009 nightster
                        AMA#262299 LIFE MEMBER

Comment

i like your thought process josh....that would turn out well......IMHO
                          Originally posted by Ironhead View Post
                          I agree, the seat is rather low, which to me, adds to the whole agressive stance of the machine. soon as $$$ permits, I'll be searching out parts to transform the OL's sporty. I'm still not too sure bout the hinged, flip out license plate mount, but the rest of the bike is awesome, Harley did good.

course they did it by checking out what alot of customizers were doing to their sportys.

hmmmmm, maybe the ironhead migh look awesome done up like the 48??? hmmmmm
                          U.S. Army "Retired"
                          (Disabled Veteran)

Comment

well, the sporty (you know, MY SPORTY, the IRONHEAD) will get a 16 by 3 front wheel, and a springer, and a hardtail. won't look like a 48, but will be very aggressive looking, rather sinister.....I hope
                            Ride in Peace Wndchsr

www.my.doterra.com/jbush

Comment

Originally posted by Ironhead View Post
                              well, the sporty (you know, MY SPORTY, the IRONHEAD) will get a 16 by 3 front wheel, and a springer, and a hardtail. won't look like a 48, but will be very aggressive looking, rather sinister.....I hope
                              Oh yeah that will look good! Will you have the black wheels? I love the look of those!
                              Official "Herd Booze taste tester!"

Member #0006 :babe

"Lead paint chips are chewy AND sweet......" In memory of Rick.

Comment

Working...
                              X