No Oil Pressure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Oil Pressure

About three minutes into the warmup today the oil pressure gauge dropped to zero. Didn't notice any different sounds. Oil tank full and oil is clean.

Found it. It was a stuck relief valve..
    Last edited by beer30; 06-09-2010, 02:19 PM.
    sigpic

Herd #132

Dang.... I am glad you found it Ron, I know that will make your heart skip a beat...

P.S. Jerry already asked me what I was doing this weekend, I think he wanting to go look at bikes Sat. So maybe he will find something.
    HERD # 00075
    08 Stage II 103 Ultra Classic
    USMC Veteran

Comment

What a relief........................
      OLD SKOOL BIKERS RULE, WE DO WHAT IT TAKES AND LIKE IT!!!
      With age comes wisdom, yeah right!
      FIRST "HERD BIKE OF THE MONTH CLUB MEMBER"
      RIP Rick.....Ride On Forever In Our Hearts My Brother!

Comment

Bet that was a scary thought!!! I've burnt up high powered boat motors because of no pressure. Kinda creaps on ya at high speed.

Glad it was just your valve!
        2010 FLHX - Street Glide
        HERD MEMBER #00003

Comment

Originally posted by DevilDogBagger View Post
          P.S. Jerry already asked me what I was doing this weekend, I think he wanting to go look at bikes Sat. So maybe he will find something.
          So the Honda Pilot is going looking at HOG's, good for him! He does realize he will always be Honda pilot to us here right?
          HERD Member #114
          2007 FLHTCU Ultra Classic
          When all else fails, GET A BIGGER HAMMER!
          If common sense was so common, wouldn't everyone have it?

Comment

Dang.... I am glad you found it Ron, I know that will make your heart skip a beat...

Yeah, and the old heart can't take much of that. I was lucky and had some spare relief valve and check valve kits for the oil pump. I really believe the relief valve spring was weak. Oh well back on the road again.

Hope you and Jerry have good luck, if he does get one let me know and I will come by and take a look.
            sigpic

Herd #132

Comment

Originally posted by TheBoss View Post
              Bet that was a scary thought!!! I've burnt up high powered boat motors because of no pressure. Kinda creaps on ya at high speed.

Glad it was just your valve!
              I know the feeling frank... when i used to bracket race, I had a 602 cubic inch mountain motor drop oil pressure at the 60 foot mark. Was not able to shut it down in time. 19 grand worth of damage in under 4 seconds......
              HERD # 00075
              USMC Veteran

Comment

Originally posted by Crocodile56 View Post
                What a relief........................
                :fatbob
                There is a special place in our hearts... Carved out for our memories
                R.I.P. RubberDown
                R.I.P. James "Jimbo"
                Reese

Comment

I know the feeling frank... when i used to bracket race, I had a 602 cubic inch mountain motor drop oil pressure at the 60 foot mark. Was not able to shut it down in time. 19 grand worth of damage in under 4 seconds......
                  On my 32', I had to replace1 of the motors every 8 months or so until we decided to dump it for the 34'. They did had 600 or 700 hours!
                  2010 FLHX - Street Glide
                  HERD MEMBER #00003

Comment

Originally posted by beer30 View Post
                    Yeah, and the old heart can't take much of that. I was lucky and had some spare relief valve and check valve kits for the oil pump. I really believe the relief valve spring was weak. Oh well back on the road again.

Hope you and Jerry have good luck, if he does get one let me know and I will come by and take a look.
                    I was going to call and check on you today but was tied up in meetings most of the day. I will let you know if he gets something.

And Dan, I think he will always be known as the Honda Pilot to most of us. We may have to put him on the patch for a while, I hear that Goldwings are hard to kick.
                    HERD # 00075
                    USMC Veteran

Comment

Originally posted by TheBoss View Post
                      On my 32', I had to replace1 of the motors every 8 months or so until we decided to dump it for the 34'. They did had 600 or 700 hours!
                      The 602 only had break in time, and 3 passes before it grenaded. And I made a lot of friends for oiling down the big end of the track.
                      HERD # 00075
                      USMC Veteran

Comment

And Dan, I think he will always be known as the Honda Pilot to most of us. We may have to put him on the patch for a while, I hear that Goldwings are hard to kick.
                        I hear fire works better than the patch... Just say'in...
                        HERD Member #114
                        2007 FLHTCU Ultra Classic
                        When all else fails, GET A BIGGER HAMMER!
                        If common sense was so common, wouldn't everyone have it?

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
                          I hear fire works better than the patch... Just say'in...
                          LOL Now that's funny.
                          HERD # 00075
                          USMC Veteran

Comment

Working...
                          X