My 10/16/10 legends/champions race

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My 10/16/10 legends/champions race

last saturday was the legends and champions race at my home track. being i have 2 championships and don't know how many races i've won there,so i qualified to enter he legends and the champions race. i had told jessica i would cut my hair when i won another race. matter a fact i told her she along with anyone else that wanted could shave/cut my hair on the starting line saturday if i won. she also qualified to enter the legends race because she won a powder puff(all gurls) race a couple years ago.
    she declined to race because that meant i would be running both races. which bettered her odds of cutting my hair.

unfortunately she didn't get to cut my hair saturday and will have to wait until the next race.
    i started the day out as usual with a .057 light and the taurus run a 11.551(1/8th mile) i didnt take any more practice runs, we go into round 1 and i have a .077 light and run a 11.55 on a 11.53. the other fellow went red so i had that win. 2nd round wasn't quiet so graceful, i run a 11.58 on a 11.53 with a .143 light, i got the W and loaded their ass on the trailer. 3rd round i dial it up to a 11.58 and run a 11.62 with a .060 light, my competitor runs a 10.29 on a 10.18 with a .007 light, margin of victory was .017 of a second. that was a good close race. 4th round i was on a 11.60 and run a 11.60 with a .243 light and get sent to the house with a hole shot win. my competitor had a .007 light and was only .02 of his dial in.

the southern slingshots who our very own "juiced" is the founder and participant of this drag racing club. to bad he wasn't on hand, the sorry bastage told me he had to work, for gods sakes somebody needs to git thar priorities straight.......... any way heres some pictures of the cars from that day. enjoy

Crazy people don't know they're crazy, I know I'm crazy therefore I'm not crazy, isn't that crazy.....

Crazy people don't know they're crazy, I know I'm crazy therefore I'm not crazy, isn't that crazy.....

Comment

Glad to hear the smile on your face. Sounds like you enjoyed the weekend.

Thanks for the pics.
      There is a special place in our hearts... Carved out for our memories
      R.I.P. RubberDown
      R.I.P. James "Jimbo"
      Reese

Comment

Yeah,very nice to see Yuh back at the track again.
        Ear Tag no. 00030

Comment

here's my hot rod for the day

Comment

That's awesome. Too bad you didn't win, but you gave it a helluva run. Congrats!
            Bud
            HERD Member #84

(Guardian bell from hockeydawg12 and his wife, Jean!)

Comment

Cool seein' the Taurus on the track.

Get a hair cut....
              R.I.P. RubberDown
              R.I.P. James "Jimbo"
              Reese

Comment

Looks like you had fun...

Do not worry My hair longer then yours LOL... But my OL wants it this way...

Comment

Originally posted by KgBaO View Post
                  Looks like you had fun...

Do not worry My hair longer then yours LOL... But my OL wants it this way...
                  It's just envy really. Too much of mine just don't grow any more.
                  R.I.P. RubberDown
                  R.I.P. James "Jimbo"
                  Reese

Comment

Looks like a lot of fun Worm, thanks for sharing
                    valve... check_valve... HERD #007
                    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    God Bless U.S. Troops
                    __________________________________________________ ___
                    => Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul <=

Comment

Great Photos!!!!

Glad to hear you got to the 1/4 finals.... Tough stuff.

That Southern Slingshots group looks like they were having FUN!!

: ) : )
                      08 FLSTC - cus we likes to ride! HERD#146 - Thanks Classy! USN - Retired
                      When I wear an "Old Navy" shirt, it is not a fashion statement, it is just a statement.
                      Looking at life from the back of the HERD....All I see is...well, you know! :)

Comment

Good deal! Nice to see ya back in your element!
                        Jeff
                        09 FLHRCI
                        Herd Member #00045

Comment

Yah! I almost missed this one! Good to see you back in with what you enjoy!

2010 FLHX - Street Glide
                          HERD MEMBER #00003

Comment

Working...
                          X