Name:	20200403_152855_resized[2256].jpg
Views:	40
Size:	295.7 KB
ID:	1253749
    PFFT PFFT PFFT PFFT PFFT

2001 FXDX Superglide Sport. More horses than a feller would want

Official HERD Member #00192

"What, me worry?" Alfred E. Neuman

I wish I lived in a area with flat roads. It's either up or down here, the ups, killing my foot hauling my fat tush up them, LOL.
    Mark

Comment

It is surreal in my corner of the rustbelt. Until recently, I commuted to Indianapolis, with a metro area population of over a million. They are getting hit there with their fair share of confirmed COVID 19 cases. And we watch the local news.

I live in Delaware County, with Muncie the county seat. Population of the entire county- 114,000. Square area of the county is 400 sq. miles. There are 30 confirmed cases of the virus here, as of yesterday, and those climbing numbers seem to have leveled somewhat.

The surreal part is these last two weeks. Everything is closed. Beth and I have reasonably hunkered. The Governor & his minions have posted official do's and dont's for us Hoosiers. That's basically stay at home, except for grocery getting, etc. We are encouraged to "Walk... take care of yourself... get exercise... ride a bike..."

Music to my ears. And I've done so. Enjoying both bike path greenways, weather permitting. Oh, the other bike? The one with 100 HP? That's taking care of myself too.

~~

Our business- shrinking the last two years or so- has completely collapsed, and I fear, beyond recovery. We're finishing two projects for an indifferent client who has virtually shut down as well. But you know? I'm OK with that. After 50 solid full-time years of toting that bale, I think it's time to slow the pace. My stuff is not all that interesting anymore.

I just feel for all the folks, many of which live on the margins now, that are thrown out of work and will struggle with picking up where this stoppage left off. If there's any "picking up" left to do.

Sorry for the soapbox. I'll slide it back under the bed, where it belongs.
      Last edited by Big D; 04-04-2020, 07:22 AM.
      PFFT PFFT PFFT PFFT PFFT

Comment

Originally posted by BaggerBum View Post
        I wish I lived in a area with flat roads. It's either up or down here, the ups, killing my foot hauling my fat tush up them, LOL.
        Hahaha yup.

The Cardinal Greenway I blather on about constantly, is a very old railway bed built to haul coal from Pennsylvania to Cincinnati. The last trains to use it was in the '70's, the Chessie (CSX) system. As a result, the 60 miles of trail surface is pretty flat. As you ride it, you might feel a slight grade, Maybe one gear change.

Perfect for my "senior" carcass.

I'm just newly grateful to be able to ride a bicycle. My odometer reads 77 miles "post surgery".

PFFT PFFT PFFT PFFT PFFT

Comment

Nice pics Dave. Some very interesting sights along the way over there.
          Ear Tag no. 00030
          MMMMOOoo"Official HERD Exalted Prime Example"...
          Do`nt need no stinking hay,We want fresh green spring grass
          If they get close enough kick em in the crotch,MMMOOOOooo
          The missing link
          http://www.shovelhead.us/

Comment

Working...
          X