"Takin' a trip?"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Takin' a trip?"

I always thought Evel Knievel and Michael Parks sold more Sportsters that any other ad campaign.

I loved Then Came Bronson. I was 16 or 17 when this show was on, prime time.

2001 FXDX Superglide Sport. More horses than a feller would want

Official HERD Member #00192

"What, me worry?" Alfred E. Neuman

I had a Bronson moment once.

A year before I joined Herd, I was heading south, not 30 miles from home, to meet up with a group to do the Dragon, my first visit. I stopped at a traffic light in New Castle, and a kid in a farm truck next to me, saw my bags and bungees, rolled down his window and asked me where I was headed. "North Carolina!"

He said something like- I wish I could go, too, or something like that, gave me the thumbs up. I grinned for a half hour.

~~

I guess there are many times I break out of any city limits, I feel like Jim Bronson rolling over that bridge on the PCH 101.

I've driven that stretch of highway (biz trip) from San Francisco to Santa Cruz, and thought what a fabulous ride to take on two wheels.

Wow!
    2001 FXDX Superglide Sport. More horses than a feller would want

Official HERD Member #00192

"What, me worry?" Alfred E. Neuman

Comment

Originally posted by Big D View Post
      I guess there are many times I break out of any city limits, I feel like Jim Bronson rolling over that bridge on the PCH 101.

I've driven that stretch of highway (biz trip) from San Francisco to Santa Cruz, and thought what a fabulous ride to take on two wheels.

Wow!
      I've only been on that stretch two times, and both were in a rental car, also on business. Left the airport in San Francisco and stopped in Half Moon Bay for tacos and a Corona. Was headed down to Laguna Seca for some filming for SPEED, back when they were still on the air. One of my fondest afternoons, was that drive and lunch in HMB. I must have stopped a doze n times taking pictures of the scenery.

You're exactly right... would be the perfect place for a cruise on the bike.
      Official HERD Member #00231

"Blue skies hanging over my head, I got five hundred miles to ride" - RVZ

Comment

That was a killer video and that area is gorgeous , would love to ride it some day, can you say bucket list !!!
        1986 FXR 2015 Road Glide

Member #00014

Comment

That WAS a great show, I used to watch it every week when I was a kid. Who hasnít sung lost lonesome highway in their helmet while riding? LOL
          Bob

Official HERD Member #00230

Westchester County, NY
          '17 FLHXS Street Glide Special

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrYIqXet01k

I swear this song might have been what got me hooked on bikes!
            Bob

Official HERD Member #00230

Westchester County, NY
            '17 FLHXS Street Glide Special

Comment

Working...
            X