The new to Me tractormobile.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The new to Me tractormobile.

The deal was set yesterday morning, signed the papers, throwed them down a thousand bucks, and payments under 60 a month and now the mowing begins.
    I have a White brand of tractor/mower if anyone is innerested.
    The tractor.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	jd1.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	215.5 KB
ID:	1254451Click image for larger version

Name:	jd2.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	207.5 KB
ID:	1254452

And the snow blower. I dont think this thing ever seen a falke of snow. I am also sure that I can fix that.

Name:	jd3.jpg
Size:	309.3 KB
ID:	1254453Click image for larger version

Name:	jd4.jpg
Size:	375.3 KB
ID:	1254454
    Ear Tag no. 00030
    MMMMOOoo"Official HERD Exalted Prime Example"...
    Do`nt need no stinking hay,We want fresh green spring grass
    If they get close enough kick em in the crotch,MMMOOOOooo
    The missing link
    http://www.shovelhead.us/

That box looking thing on the RH, chute side of the tractor is the vacuum, suck, blower machine.
    Mowed the yard after I checked the fluid levels. This thing is just smooth and a joy to operate, if there is such a thing on yard working.
    I did manage to plug the chute once. I was rippin right along and got into some real green/heavy and wet stuff. The drive belt for the blower lets You know in a hurry that something aint right.
    Got off the machine, disconnected the chute from the blower, dug out the impacted grass, shoved the chute back on and it was again ready to roll. I did not have to completely remove the tube and shake and beat it out like the other tractor.
    After that I learned to watch the blowers V-belt. When it got to jumping I`d just release the forwards pedal slightly and when the belt settled down maintain that speed until I got through the wet heavy stuff.
    The tractor has just over 500 hours on it but performs like it was new. I am very much impressed with this piece of farming equipment.
    Plows, harrows and diskis is next. Maybe get into the custom farming business.
    Ear Tag no. 00030
    The missing link

Comment

livetoridelady
      I gots it for You.
      Ear Tag no. 00030
      The missing link

Comment

Mine is similar. If the grass is wet the chute will clog often. So I just dont cut in the morning. Clogs if the bags arent emptied often too. I only use the bagger every 2nd or third time. The snow blower is nice.

Comment

That's 'cause it's John Deere green!

PFFT PFFT PFFT PFFT PFFT

2001 FXDX Superglide Sport. More horses than a feller would want

Official HERD Member #00192

"What, me worry?" Alfred E. Neuman

Comment

What size tank you have in that thing?
            2010 FLHX - Street Glide
            HERD MEMBER #00003

Comment

Originally posted by Big D View Post
              That's 'cause it's John Deere green!

I always did like that song. When doing equipment maintenance for the DOT I learned that JD was a lot easier to work on than them ford tractormobile things. About the only tractors the state had at the time was all connected to mowing machines. I very much disliked working on those things, and street sweepers, Never knew what kind of trash and filth those things had processed.

Originally posted by TheBoss View Post
              What size tank you have in that thing?
              I think I better look that up, Spec saying 3.5 gallons, it sure looks bigger than that. With such a small capacity, its no wonder why they had the tank all fueled up. .
              I`ll fill it up today, see how much from one of the five gallon jugs it takes to fill it, then, I`ll know how costly it iz to mow this yard.

Ear Tag no. 00030
              The missing link

Comment

Marty, that's a great tractor. The Deere X series is a nice line, with some longevity built in, unlike the box store L series. Good luck with it.
                Mark

Comment

Looking at the specification sheet, the engine is a Kawasaki V-twin of some sort. I`d rather see an engine of a US manufacturer but it is what it is.
                  The old tractor. It had a 18.5 horse Tecumseh single and had plenty of power, did a pretty good job too. This one was bought new by My sister then left at the place they had sold to My son. The sonny boy and I was cleaning out His shed, we pushed this one out and after We was done doing the cleanout, He said this tractor was going to the recyclers. I told Him, it is not, I`m taking it home. He then told Me about the blade spindles being shot, the blades was in real rough condition and the engine leaking a lot of oil.
                  I installed a new battery and drove it the mile and a half home.
                  Removed and tore the engine down, installed a new crank case gasket, stuffed the engine back into frame. Installed new spindles and blades and have been using this tractor for over 6 years without a hitch, That is until, I was getting ready to put it up for sale, then, the battery died. New owner got the tractormobile with a brand new battery.
                  New owner lives about three blocks from My house so delivery was easy. The were inspired by the looks of the old thing, said it looks like brand new.
                  Click image for larger version  Name:	w1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	290.3 KB ID:	1254513Click image for larger version  Name:	w2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	301.3 KB ID:	1254514
                  Ear Tag no. 00030
                  The missing link

Comment

A tractor forum, if ya have not yet found it: mytractorforum.com It's pretty active and has sections for most every brand, lawn tractors to the big farm machines, implements, and off topic sections, food, guns, bikes...
                    Mark

Comment

Originally posted by BaggerBum View Post
                      A tractor forum, if ya have not yet found it: mytractorforum.com It's pretty active and has sections for most every brand, lawn tractors to the big farm machines, implements, and off topic sections, food, guns, bikes...
                      I`ll have to check that one out.
                      I do have an early 1970s JD 110 Round fender. It mows real well too. A 7HP Kohler powers it up. it has a generator that. at the push of the start button is a starting motor then after the start button is released it continues on as a generator. Quite a complicated system but it works well. LOL
                      Ear Tag no. 00030
                      The missing link

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarty51 View Post

I`ll have to check that one out.
                        I do have an early 1970s JD 110 Round fender. It mows real well too. A 7HP Kohler powers it up. it has a generator that. at the push of the start button is a starting motor then after the start button is released it continues on as a generator. Quite a complicated system but it works well. LOL
                        Them old 110 round fender ones are pretty collectable. I been to tractor shows here in PA and NY state where they go for pretty high dollars. Another cool site is RFD-TV's Classic Tractor Fever site. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCki...O7qNI9gC0EWfMQ
                        Mark

Comment

Originally posted by BaggerBum View Post

Them old 110 round fender ones are pretty collectable. I been to tractor shows here in PA and NY state where they go for pretty high dollars. Another cool site is RFD-TV's Classic Tractor Fever site. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCki...O7qNI9gC0EWfMQ
                          I watch that RFD TV sometimes, especially when they are showing old tractors or steam powered units. I am still looking for the steam tractor that My dad had built starting in the mid 40s and He sold it in 1972 when I was away in the US Army. Maybe someday I`ll get a glimpse of that old thing.
                          Ear Tag no. 00030
                          The missing link

Comment

I love my John Deere lawn gets done in no time.

Name:	IMG_20130427_142019_348.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	922.0 KB
ID:	1254675Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20130427_141947_237.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	1.08 MB
ID:	1254676
                            Cheers
                            Dan
                            2013 Road Glide Ultra
                            Moo Tag #00182
                            "Like fuel through a carb so are the days of our lives

Comment

It probably gets half a yard to the gallon!
                              Mark

Comment

Working...
                              X