Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"HERD" Confessions thread (the bad i did as a kid)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "HERD" Confessions thread (the bad i did as a kid)

So i'm thinking we need a thread to get our childhood years out on the table. To confess all those rotten things we did as kids. I know for a fact Our Moms used to cringe at the very thought of half the stuff we pulled.

So with that said, and with Mothers Day just around the corner, I dedicate this thread to all the kids, who gave 'em gray hair before their time...

Fire away, i'll start.....

I grew up right between highway 89, and interstate 15. Times were slower back then, but these roads were still busy...My twin brother and I, (yes there are two of me) had a sweet set of red trikes.:zeta

So we decided it would be cool to ride them on the same road as the big trucks, and we wheeled out into highway 89 just for fun..:rubberdown

The highway came to a complete stop, and pretty soon we had traffic backed up for about a mile, as we did circles in one of utah's major roadways........:babs

Mom busted out the front door after the honking became excessive, and promptly removed us from the road, (if i recall, she had hold of one arm, and an ear)...The nerve damage has never really healed....:):)
    U.S. Army "Retired"
    (Disabled Veteran)

Mother prevented me from doing something (can't remember what it was) and for some reason I grabbed the scissors and had fun cutting the living room custom drapes! She still tells the story to every one!
    2010 FLHX - Street Glide
    HERD MEMBER #00003

Comment

why don't we have an angelic smilie? cause that would be me
      Ride in Peace Wndchsr

www.my.doterra.com/jbush

Comment

Originally posted by TheBoss View Post
        Mother prevented me from doing something (can't remember what it was) and for some reason I grabbed the scissors and had fun cutting the living room custom drapes! She still tells the story to every one!
        :):)

Velvet cutains ? or satin ?....:)
        U.S. Army "Retired"
        (Disabled Veteran)

Comment

Originally posted by Ironhead View Post
          Hang on.......

will this work ?....
          U.S. Army "Retired"
          (Disabled Veteran)

Comment

You know for some odd reason I find your statement extremely difficult to believe. Now I hate to call a man a liar but.................................LOL
            Herd Member #87
            US Navy Veteran

Comment

ok, ok, ok, I did do something really bad once........ mom said I could have a cookie from teh cookie jar, but I took 2
              Ride in Peace Wndchsr

www.my.doterra.com/jbush

Comment

G, I did the exact same thing but on a pedal powered John Deere tractor, I think maybe age three. I think the worst part for mom was that her father in law, which she disliked is the one who caught me in the road as he was on his way home from work.
                Herd Member #87
                US Navy Veteran

Comment

ok, ok, ok, I did do something really bad once........ mom said I could have a cookie from teh cookie jar, but I took 2
                  :)
                  U.S. Army "Retired"
                  (Disabled Veteran)

Comment

We went to a party at my uncles house and everyone was upstairs having a great time, playing poker, etc. I went downstairs, turned off the lights and started finding my way in the dark and with matches. Walked into my cousins closet and a towel whipped into flames as if it had gasoline on it! FUGG!!!! I'm a kid (maybe 7 years old or so)!

I take the towel and start shaking it in the air...but you know what that does. I DIDN'T BACK THEN!!! Luckily I managed to get the fire contained but was stuck with smoke and the evidence in my hands!

Me....being the smartest one.....decides to hide the burnt towel in between the mattress. Lucky that the mattress didn't catch on fire. I went upstairs to join the group but the HERD of adults were coming downstairs because they...the smartest people in the world...could smell something burning!

Adults - 0
                    Frank - 1
                    2010 FLHX - Street Glide
                    HERD MEMBER #00003

Comment

Originally posted by wndchsr View Post
                      G, I did the exact same thing but on a pedal powered John Deere tractor, I think maybe age three. I think the worst part for mom was that her father in law, which she disliked is the one who caught me in the road as he was on his way home from work.
                      Dont you find it odd, that most "severe" offenses involve some kind of wheeled vehicle ??
                      And 30 years later, we chat on an internet site about wheeled vehicles ?.......:):)
                      U.S. Army "Retired"
                      (Disabled Veteran)

Comment

Let me check with my lawyer, my therapist, probation officer, sisters, wife and Mom before I add anything to this thread.

Also...what age frame are we talking about as "kids". It may be relevant to the statute of limitations.

#00038 MAY HE REST IN PEACE!

I listen to the voices in my wives head that tell her to tell me what to do.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBoss View Post
                          We went to a party at my uncles house and everyone was upstairs having a great time, playing poker, etc. I went downstairs, turned off the lights and started finding my way in the dark and with matches. Walked into my cousins closet and a towel whipped into flames as if it had gasoline on it! FUGG!!!! I'm a kid (maybe 7 years old or so)!

I take the towel and start shaking it in the air...but you know what that does. I DIDN'T BACK THEN!!! Luckily I managed to get the fire contained but was stuck with smoke and the evidence in my hands!

Me....being the smartest one.....decides to hide the burnt towel in between the mattress. Lucky that the mattress didn't catch on fire. I went upstairs to join the group but the HERD of adults were coming downstairs because they...the smartest people in the world...could smell something burning!

Adults - 0
                          Frank - 1
                          ................:wtf:):)
                          U.S. Army "Retired"
                          (Disabled Veteran)

Comment

Originally posted by gruss View Post
                            Dont you find it odd, that most "severe" offenses involve some kind of wheeled vehicle ??
                            And 30 years later, we chat on an internet site about wheeled vehicles ?.......:):)
                            Funny how that works aint it? LOL
                            Herd Member #87
                            US Navy Veteran

Comment

Originally posted by Bonsai View Post
                              Let me check with my lawyer, my therapist, probation officer, sisters, wife and Mom before I add anything to this thread.

Also...what age frame are we talking about as "kids". It may be relevant to the statute of limitations.

Uh......your good.............:tmi:)
                              U.S. Army "Retired"
                              (Disabled Veteran)

Comment

I had a go-cart and was maybe 10. Well the throttle cable broke and we didn't have money for a new cable so I made my own hand operated cable out of some kite string. Well some how the go-cart caught on fire as I was riding through a very dry hay field.

I realized it was on fire and thought that was just the coolest thing that I had flames behind my go-cart. Well when dad realized what was going on I already had half of a 10 acre field on fire. When everything was said and done, the 10 acre hay field that we "were" going to put up in hay wasn't gonna happen and they came very close to losing two homes to the my little blaze of glory ride.

Luckily no actual structures were lost, except for the hay that we would have had to feed the animals. Needless to say my parents were very pissed off and after the neighbors realized they weren't gonna lose their homes to my fire they were pissed as well.
                                Herd Member #87
                                US Navy Veteran

Comment

i was a perfect angel as a child..................:)
                                  Crazy people don't know they're crazy, I know I'm crazy therefore I'm not crazy, isn't that crazy.....

Comment

when i was 4-5 years old, my mom returned from the grocery store with a case of comet cleanser (the green cardboard cylinder with the easy open top)
                                    My brother and i were admiring the tops and how easy they opened up !
                                    We opened all of the lids, and started to sprinkle that stuff in the kitchen, the living room, the bathroom, the bedroom..........:rubberdown

we unloaded 5 cans before mom came back in the house....ed

i'm pretty sure you all know what happened next....
                                    U.S. Army "Retired"
                                    (Disabled Veteran)

Comment

2010 FLHX - Street Glide
                                      HERD MEMBER #00003

Comment

man where to start...Fire now that's a chapter itself. I once caught the woods on fire when I lived in Charleston SC and I couldn't have been older then 5 cause we moved to south florida when I was that age. Unfortunately it burned up an old wooden shed with some stuff in there. It almost got to some houses before it was noticed and sure did burn up a big area. No one knew it was me but I did it.

I remember one time I stole some money out of my sisters purse and went an bought fireworks. Shame on the vendor! Like I said I wasn't older then 5. I got in a ditch and was shooting bottle rockets at cars and running away in the woods when someone came after me. i did that for a while and when I got home my sister beat my little ass. lol. Dad got home an beat my ass some more. Glad he didn't know what I had done. I remember I had a 5 and some ones left and don't ya know those bucks bought a lot of stuff then. I know I was tired when I got home. I didn't know what a $20 bill was only that it was good for stuff. I've HERD that story from my sister many times about her $20 I took as I got older.

One time I decided to play mail man (in SC) and went through the neighborhood taking everyone's mail and opening it up leaving tore up stuff on the ground. One of the neighbors caught me and whooped my little ass and then I was brought home and got some more. Didn't know what I had done wrong but I did learn to not do that again.

One time I got into a bucket of roofing tar (I think thats what it was) an decided it was cool to take a stick and fling this crap on a building wall.Got home and didn't realize that I had this crap all over my brand new winter jacket and my head. Got my ass whooped for that and dad used turpentine to scrub my head. Man I remember that shit burned or it was the over vigorous scrubbing from pops. Still in SC for that and I remember him telling that story from his point of view.

Ok I'm getting warmed up to this thread and got to go. I'll be back....
                                        HERD Member #00086
                                        09 FXDF "PABS"

R.I.P. Rick Massey "Double secret agent 00019......"
                                        Rubberdown, Ride forever more in peace brother

Comment

Working...
                                        X