Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tip of the Hamptons. I really liked it there. Great riding day. Ate a lobster for lunch at a seaside joint. Stayed at a nice place. Liz ran into a friend there. Both over a thousand kms from home. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20190729-1457538.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	212.7 KB
ID:	1256012

Comment

Originally posted by Scout View Post
      I love to travel. I spend all of my disposable income elsewhere. Been very lucky and have been to over 100 countries. Maybe 120?

My flipping the bird avatar is a picture I took in Uruguay 2 years ago in a fantastic Graffiti street. I'm not a gallery guy, but loved walking the streets seeing real, raw art in a residential setting. https://theculturetrip.com/?utm_source=amp_page

I will post some pics of my travels when I get back to a PC if you are interested. Starting with a fantastic find, the Australian National Motorcycle Museum we visited last fall.
      Damn Scout, over 100 countries? I can only dream of seeing as much of the world as you have!!! I love to travel too but it's always been just here in the good 'ole USA, and even then almost exclusively on the East Coast. But lately I've decided that one way or the other I'm going to make it my mission to go and see some states and countries I've always been interested in and wanted to visit. I'm not getting any younger so I plan to start my travels next year and I hope to go someplace on my list every year. After I get the foreign countries checked off my list and after I retire, I hope to buy myself a travel trailer and start seeing the rest of the states I want to visit. I really want to see as many of our great US National Parks as I can before my time here on earth is up. There are 62 of them but I will make a list with the most interesting (to me for various reasons) and work my way down to the least interesting so that way hopefully I will be able to see the parks I really want to see first.

I would love to see some more pictures from your travels around the world! Can you start a new thread and post pictures from your trips there? It would be great to see them!
      Mike
      Official HERD Member #00164
      '00 Softail Deuce "Tribal Mistress" - Gone but never forgotten!

Current Ride - '17 Road Glide (Ultra) Special - 107ci Stage 1, Ultra Tour-Pak, fairing lowers, saddlebag guards, blacked out front end and exhaust, more changes to come!

Comment

Last week (August 6th) was the 75th anniversary of the bombing of Hiroshima.

Last year Liz and I went to Japan, and one of the main things for me was to go see ground zero there, and go to the museum. They have done a great job telling the story of what happened, the fallout, life after the bombing and also presenting all kinds of insight into the reasons why they were bombed. No false blame is posted anywhere. Information only.

The building missed most of the damage the city got because the wave of devastation spread outwards, and they just got a tiny part of it. It is the only building left from the bombing.

I have been to the Arizona monument in Pearl Harbor, Auschwitz in Poland, Suicide Cliff in Saipan and several other war memorial sites around the world, and this one was just as moving. Thought I would share a few pics.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20191023_1532141.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	3.25 MB
ID:	1257358Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20191023_1557034.jpg
Size:	4.29 MB
ID:	1257359Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20191023_1610216.jpg
Size:	3.81 MB