Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love to travel. I spend all of my disposable income elsewhere. Been very lucky and have been to over 100 countries. Maybe 120?

My flipping the bird avatar is a picture I took in Uruguay 2 years ago in a fantastic Graffiti street. I'm not a gallery guy, but loved walking the streets seeing real, raw art in a residential setting. https://theculturetrip.com/?utm_source=amp_page

I will post some pics of my travels when I get back to a PC if you are interested. Starting with a fantastic find, the Australian National Motorcycle Museum we visited last fall.

You come to the US and I bet you will see this one or similar all over cities coast to coast.

2010 FLHX - Street Glide
    HERD MEMBER #00003

Comment

It was early January this year. Liz and I are driving back to Sydney Australia. We went there to see the fireworks on New Year's Eve after seeing them for years on the news.

On the highway Liz sees a Motorcycle Museum sign and says "let's go". We pull off, and drive down a gravel road to find an old building that looks deserted. Walk in and see a $15 entrance fee sign? Crap. This place looks like shit. I pay, walk around a corner, and see 1,000 motorcycles that have been collected by 1 man. Un effing believable. Most beautiful place I have ever seen. Room after room of every bike you can imagine.

Spoke to the owner and his daughter after a few hours looking at every bike I ever owned, and every one I wanted to. He knew every bike I ever rode and we talked about most of them in detail. His daughter was the same. If liz would not have dragged me out, I would have been there for 3 days.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG-20200110-1116343.jpg Views:	0 Size:	293.4 KB ID:	1255835
      Last edited by Scout; 06-11-2020, 08:40 PM.

Comment

Took this pic of the Opera Hall in Sydney on New Year's Eve. We went on a all night boat cruise in the harbour to see the famous fireworks off the bridge. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20191231-2218062.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	150.9 KB
ID:	1255837

Comment

I need to get out to Australia one of these years but they want me to stay for 2 weeks at the minimum. Us Americans can't take off like they do.
          2010 FLHX - Street Glide
          HERD MEMBER #00003

Comment

Originally posted by TheBoss View Post
            You come to the US and I bet you will see this one or similar all over cities coast to coast.
            That stoned, rapist, thief deserves no Art respect. I won't go out of my way to see that.

I'm in the US 10 times a year at least. Living in Toronto, I am only an hour or so from NY state. Rode the east coast last year. I have been in every state except Kansas and Alaska. Even been to Guam and the other islands that the US owns in the Pacific 3 years ago.

Comment

Those are some great pics; keepum coming.
              I`m with You on that George thing, He needed his ass kicked from many years ago, He never learned respect.
              Ear Tag no. 00030

Comment

I like to see murals all around when I travel too. Here is one from Minneapolis before the whole city went crazy.

Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	761.7 KB
ID:	1255853
                A.K.A. Chad
                Official Ear Tag #163
                Official Member Paracord Posse
                2012 FLHTK Ultra Limited
                "I talk a lot but don't say much, and I know it..."
                "If you want a friend in Washington, get a dog."

Comment

Oct last year. This is art in Tokyo. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20191020-1912468.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	169.4 KB
ID:	1255880

Comment

Originally posted by Scout View Post

My flipping the bird avatar is a picture I took in Uruguay 2 years ago in a fantastic Graffiti street. I'm not a gallery guy, but loved walking the streets seeing real, raw art in a residential setting....
                    Scout, that's fascinating! I'd love to see the results of your travels.

I'm fascinated with graffiti and wall art. I'm a moth to a flame for this stuff. I'm not very well traveled tho… these are closer to home. (With an opening like this, how can I resist?)

Name:	image_36496.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	173.7 KB
ID:	1255882

Name:	image_36494.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	293.0 KB
ID:	1255883

Name:	image_35350.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	813.7 KB
ID:	1255884

Name:	image_36507.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	380.0 KB
ID:	1255885

Name:	image_36505.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	147.6 KB
ID:	1255886

Name:	image_36525.jpg
Size:	743.2 KB
ID:	1255887

PFFT PFFT PFFT PFFT PFFT

2001 FXDX Superglide Sport. More horses than a feller would want

Official HERD Member #00192

"What, me worry?" Alfred E. Neuman

Comment

Name:	image_36511.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	141.7 KB
ID:	1255889

This reminds me... Under this mural was the last time I saw Jeff Windchsr.

Name:	image_35694.jpg
Size:	98.0 KB
ID:	1255890
                      PFFT PFFT PFFT PFFT PFFT

Comment

Sorry for the hijack, Scout...
                        PFFT PFFT PFFT PFFT PFFT

Comment

Those are some great shots Big D. Love that stuff.

Comment

Cool , mate in Beacon Hill area , ride a Beemer ... Been up here a few times , wants us to come down under . He and some mates were headed to Alaska from Vancouver end of this month for thirty days , bike rental tour , then the scam pandemic hit ..
                            OFFICIAL HERD MEMBER #00232

Comment

I need to STOP and take pictures of stuff I see on the road when riding. In fact, I THINK I have some when I went to OKC a couple years ago.
                              2010 FLHX - Street Glide
                              HERD MEMBER #00003

Comment

Name:	20160404_162044-1.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	3.37 MB
ID:	1255900
                                2010 FLHX - Street Glide
                                HERD MEMBER #00003

Comment

Originally posted by Big D View Post

Name:	image_36511.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	141.7 KB
ID:	1255889

This reminds me... Under this mural was the last time I saw Jeff Windchsr.
                                  A mention of WNDCHSR Makes some moisture come to My eyes and nose stings some. I hope its not the virus.

Originally posted by JacktheBagger View Post
                                  Cool , mate in Beacon Hill area , ride a Beemer ... Been up here a few times , wants us to come down under . He and some mates were headed to Alaska from Vancouver end of this month for thirty days , bike rental tour , then the scam pandemic hit ..
                                  That for sure sucks bad. I too would have been in Alaska at this time, but now, the son and the DIL dont want us traveling over to there, just for the just in case.
                                  Ear Tag no. 00030

Comment

I am riding back up there in the next few years if I have anything to say about it ..
                                    OFFICIAL HERD MEMBER #00232

Comment

Part of a carved wall mural in Taiwan. Oct 2019

Name:	IMG-20191013-1406484.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	442.9 KB
ID:	1255932

Comment

Lucy the giant Elephant. Atlantic City. Liz and I rode from Toronto to the Hamptons, Coney Island NYC, Cape May, Atlantic City (shithole) and then back to Toronto through New York State backroads last August. ​ image widget

Comment

Working...
                                        X