Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Look what I found....

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #21
    Originally posted by BaggerBum View Post
    One of the local fire companies hold a rattlesnake roundup each June. Snake hunters can get a permit to bring in up to 3 snakes, they check them in and display them for the weekend. I seen some big ones!

    We get slower with age.
    .
    2010 FLHX - Street Glide
    HERD MEMBER #00003

    Comment


    • #22
      Originally posted by BaggerBum View Post
      One of the local fire companies hold a rattlesnake roundup each June. Snake hunters can get a permit to bring in up to 3 snakes, they check them in and display them for the weekend. I seen some big ones!
      We have 4 towns here in OK that do rattlesnake roundups every year. 2 of them ar just south of me.
      TheBoss frank remember the rattlesnake we saw here on memorial day at the mountains? I got a pic of it somewhere.
      Josh #00042
      2019 Road Glide Ultra

      R.I.P. Dad 1951-2015

      Comment


      • #23
        Originally posted by DoubleJ View Post

        We have 4 towns here in OK that do rattlesnake roundups every year. 2 of them ar just south of me.
        TheBoss frank remember the rattlesnake we saw here on memorial day at the mountains? I got a pic of it somewhere.


        This one???


        .
        2010 FLHX - Street Glide
        HERD MEMBER #00003

        Comment


        • #24
          You mean the one that is just underneath my boot???


          Click image for larger version

Name:	rattlesnake.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	213.0 KB
ID:	1255532
          .
          2010 FLHX - Street Glide
          HERD MEMBER #00003

          Comment


          • #25
            If it aint that one ............. Big boy there ..

            JtB
            OFFICIAL HERD MEMBER #00232

            Comment


            • #26
              Originally posted by TheBoss View Post
              You mean the one that is just underneath my boot???


              Click image for larger version

Name:	rattlesnake.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	213.0 KB
ID:	1255532
              Ear Tag no. 00030

              Comment


              • #27

                G. A. C. K. !!!!!!!!!
                Dont even get me started with snakes!!!!!
                Was watching to the unashamed podcast On you tube, with Phil Robertson, and he chopped a cottonmouth in a number of pieces, and his dog walked by and what was left of the head, (about 3 ish inches) bit the dog!!!!!

                We live in rattlesnake country here now. (Since moving from the coast 2 yrs ago) .... (excuse me as a wipe a tear) .....
                Thankfully, I have not seen one yet, but their dens are protected here. There are THOUSANDS!!!!
                Really?!?!? Why would anyone want to protect a snake!?!?
                sigpicHERD medic! #00039
                I am Jase's precious
                If you are what you eat, then I'm delicious!
                I miss you Rick, you goofball
                HPH- The Legend

                Comment


                • #28
                  Originally posted by Hot Pink Harley View Post
                  G. A. C. K. !!!!!!!!!
                  Dont even get me started with snakes!!!!!
                  Was watching to the unashamed podcast On you tube, with Phil Robertson, and he chopped a cottonmouth in a number of pieces, and his dog walked by and what was left of the head, (about 3 ish inches) bit the dog!!!!!

                  We live in rattlesnake country here now. (Since moving from the coast 2 yrs ago) .... (excuse me as a wipe a tear) .....
                  Thankfully, I have not seen one yet, but their dens are protected here. There are THOUSANDS!!!!
                  Really?!?!? Why would anyone want to protect a snake!?!?
                  I have never understood snake protection laws. I`m just happy that them is not protected in Montana. If I am out in the country far far away from any civilization or dwellings I will walk around them, if the draw any where near My property and I sees them, they will be dead critters.
                  Ear Tag no. 00030

                  Comment


                  • #29
                    Originally posted by Hot Pink Harley View Post
                    G. A. C. K. !!!!!!!!!
                    Dont even get me started with snakes!!!!!
                    Was watching to the unashamed podcast On you tube, with Phil Robertson, and he chopped a cottonmouth in a number of pieces, and his dog walked by and what was left of the head, (about 3 ish inches) bit the dog!!!!!

                    We live in rattlesnake country here now. (Since moving from the coast 2 yrs ago) .... (excuse me as a wipe a tear) .....
                    Thankfully, I have not seen one yet, but their dens are protected here. There are THOUSANDS!!!!
                    Really?!?!? Why would anyone want to protect a snake!?!?
                    Oh Yeah, if You ever encounter a rattler, or any other poisonous snake, do not blindly run away from them, a real good chance there will be several others real near.
                    Ear Tag no. 00030

                    Comment


                    • #30
                      We were at the nieces house for a bbq with her and her family. We were talking about snakes and my phobia. (Her and the kids see lots when they are out for hikes) so I was telling her the story of when I was mowing the lawn and the boys had just come into the back yard and I turned to look at them and say hi, and I turned back and I saw ‘something’ in front of the mower. I’m not exaggerating when I say “I levitated” faster than super man over the grass and on to the patio... Garett n his buddies were kinda looking at me with confused but chuckling looks... Asking what was going on... all I could do was point and say snake!!!!
                      Where mom!?!?
                      It must be under the mower!!!
                      So Garett goes over and moves the mower off it.....


                      Apparently, it was a stick.....
                      sigpicHERD medic! #00039
                      I am Jase's precious
                      If you are what you eat, then I'm delicious!
                      I miss you Rick, you goofball
                      HPH- The Legend

                      Comment


                      • #31
                        Ear Tag no. 00030

                        Comment


                        • #32
                          I don't know if they are protected here , but we are well out in the country and they ain't protected on my property ...

                          JtB
                          OFFICIAL HERD MEMBER #00232

                          Comment


                          • #33
                            This one is June 2011 , cant find the one from last year , may not be on the computer yet

                            JtB

                            OFFICIAL HERD MEMBER #00232

                            Comment


                            • #34
                              Originally posted by JacktheBagger View Post
                              This one is June 2011 , cant find the one from last year , may not be on the computer yet

                              JtB

                              That dont look like a Diamond Back rattler, whut the heck is that thing, dont look like a Bull snake too.
                              Ear Tag no. 00030

                              Comment


                              • #35

                                That snake knows the Herd boys bite back!
                                Mark

                                Comment


                                • #36
                                  Was a rattler

                                  JtB
                                  OFFICIAL HERD MEMBER #00232

                                  Comment


                                  • #37
                                    Originally posted by MrMarty51 View Post

                                    That dont look like a Diamond Back rattler, whut the heck is that thing, dont look like a Bull snake too.
                                    timber rattlesnake
                                    Josh #00042
                                    2019 Road Glide Ultra

                                    R.I.P. Dad 1951-2015

                                    Comment


                                    • #38
                                      yup timber rattler , they get huge down here

                                      JtB
                                      OFFICIAL HERD MEMBER #00232

                                      Comment


                                      • #39
                                        Originally posted by DoubleJ View Post

                                        timber rattlesnake
                                        Originally posted by JacktheBagger View Post
                                        yup timber rattler , they get huge down here

                                        JtB
                                        I have never seen one of them timber rattlers before. I have HERD of them and, it might be possible they raise them on the western side of the state.
                                        Ear Tag no. 00030

                                        Comment


                                        • #40
                                          Its the real deal, good old Diamond Back Rattler, well, now a real dead diamond back rattler. Not too good of pics, Al wouldnt take the flashlight off of it. I went up the hill to send the wifey a text on the one bar signal. Tis thing was all ready and waiting for Me. He knew I’d be a bigger meal than that mouse it had in its guts. Bog fat snake but rattles was puny. Click image for larger version

Name:	64254258-A1B3-4B22-B94F-9681ED4F0011.jpeg
Views:	29
Size:	4.07 MB
ID:	1256095Click image for larger version

Name:	1DE3CCF6-A8A4-465D-B073-3AAE88C2711E.jpeg
Views:	22
Size:	5.10 MB
ID:	1256096
                                          Ear Tag no. 00030

                                          Comment

                                          Working...
                                          X