Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That cough and flu is lingering all over. I had symptoms months ago but I nipped it good but am getting the scratching throat once again. I'm gonna have to UP'ed the Cz's and everything else to avoid that plague!
    2010 FLHX - Street Glide
    HERD MEMBER #00003

Comment

• Those Airbornes and vitamin C usually work for me...although I did get whatever is going around town here a while ago and it knocked me on my arse for three weeks!

ive got a question - I’ve got a little over an acre and am looking at John Deere and Cub Cadet lawn tractors in 42 and 46” width. What do you folks use and what do you recommend?
      Bob

Official HERD Member #00230

Old Saybrook, CT
      '17 FLHXS Street Glide Special

Comment

• Morning Herd
        Jeff
        09 FLHRCI
        Herd Member #00045

Comment

• Morning Jeff!
          Bob

Old Saybrook, CT

Comment

• Good morning Y'all.
            2010 FLHX - Street Glide
            HERD MEMBER #00003

Comment

• Morning Bob and Frank
              Jeff
              09 FLHRCI
              Herd Member #00045

Comment

• Originally posted by jirvin View Post
                Morning Bob and Frank

I caught another glimpse of your and Shawna grilling at HERDSTOCK last year while I was going through my phone gallery!
                2010 FLHX - Street Glide
                HERD MEMBER #00003

Comment

• Originally posted by Firenailer View Post
                  Those Airbornes and vitamin C usually work for me...although I did get whatever is going around town here a while ago and it knocked me on my arse for three weeks!

ive got a question - I’ve got a little over an acre and am looking at John Deere and Cub Cadet lawn tractors in 42 and 46” width. What do you folks use and what do you recommend?
                  Stay well My friends.
                  My son has a JD riding mower, not sure the deck size but it pretty wide. He also got the vacuum attachment for it, man, is that ever nice. It never plugs up with the green mushy grass and in the fall sucks up leaves like they`d never been there. Now, that's what I would recommend.
                  I do have a MTD White riding mower with a bagging attachment and it does a real nice job on the cutting portion but, there is one area in My yard where for some reason the grass always grows taller and greener and when the mower hits that its an instant plug up of the bagger chute, no matter how slow I travel through it.
                  Nice day here, was 21 a while ago, headed to mid 40s sometime today, and, very cloudy.
                  Good morning HERD.
                  Good to see some postings in the forum this morning.
                  Installed the new 4 volt coils onto the Triumph and sparks is much improved over the 6 volt units. With this Brandsen Boyer ignition system it hooks all three coils together in series, with the 6 volt coils it would require an 18 volt feed to make them perform to their fullest potential, although, Brandsen says 6 volters will work but 4s is better. with the 4 volt coils it requires 12 volts. If I could find 3 volt coils I`d go for that too.
                  Okay, enough of them ramblings. has a wunnerfully nice day everyone.
                  Ear Tag no. 00030
                  MMMMOOoo"Official HERD Exalted Prime Example"...
                  Do`nt need no stinking hay,We want fresh green spring grass
                  If they get close enough kick em in the crotch,MMMOOOOooo
                  The missing link
                  http://www.shovelhead.us/

Comment

• Hay Herd!

Originally posted by Firenailer View Post
                    Those Airbornes and vitamin C usually work for me...although I did get whatever is going around town here a while ago and it knocked me on my arse for three weeks!

Buy more tractor than you need. Determine your needs beyond cutting grass. Snow removal? Hauling yard waste? Moving the loaded bike trailer around? Light landscaping.

I have two acres, a gravel driveway about 40 yards long and space for 6 cars. After the house/garage/barn, I got about an acre to mow. I went through a number of Cub Cadets over the years, wore them out. Today, I would not consider a Cub...a Deere, I dunno, so much of them is plastic these days. Anything from a big box store is a use and throw away machine.

I bought my last tractor in 2011, a Kubota BX2360, with a 54" deck, a 48" front end loader and a 60" Woods grader blade (picked up used) for the rear three point hitch. 23 hp Kubota diesel motor that seems like it never needs to be re fueled. It's a grass eating/snow shredding beast! I should have got this when I was a young man, maybe my back would be in decent shape today. It's going to be 9 years old this spring and other than maintenance it has not needed any repair. I've done enough side jobs that has paid for it, finish grading around pools, re graveling driveways, jobs in tight spots in folks backyards, bring topsoil from the front drives to backyards, stuff like that. When I retire I expect to nicely add to my retirement income using this machine, or replacement machine. I love getting paid playing with my toys.

Mark

Comment

• Originally posted by TheBoss View Post

I caught another glimpse of your and Shawna grilling at HERDSTOCK last year while I was going through my phone gallery!
                      Uh oh!
                      Jeff
                      09 FLHRCI
                      Herd Member #00045

Comment

• Heading out. Have a blessed evening everyone.
                        Jeff
                        09 FLHRCI
                        Herd Member #00045

Comment

• Originally posted by jirvin View Post

Uh oh!

It was a great video. Fond at the very least.
                          2010 FLHX - Street Glide
                          HERD MEMBER #00003

Comment

• Thanks Mark and Marty, I appreciate the input! So far I’ve narrowed it to the Deere, Cub, and Husquevarna. Didn’t even think about a Kubota till now, gonna give them a look too.
                            Bob

Old Saybrook, CT

Comment

• Mornin' folks!
                              OFFICIAL HERD MEMBER #83
                              2014 FLHXS
                              U.S. NAVY Veteran

Comment

• Hi Ho Herd! What’s new in the pasture today?
                                Shes a chilly one here today with therms just about 10 degrees so far...I think I’ll enjoy another cup of coffee and watch the birds at the feeder for awhile longer!
                                Bob

Old Saybrook, CT

Comment

• Morning Herd
                                  Jeff
                                  09 FLHRCI
                                  Herd Member #00045

Comment

• Good Morning Herd. Cold here too.
                                    Mark

Comment

• Originally posted by BaggerBum View Post
                                      Hay Herd!

Buy more tractor than you need. Determine your needs beyond cutting grass. Snow removal? Hauling yard waste? Moving the loaded bike trailer around? Light landscaping.

I have two acres, a gravel driveway about 40 yards long and space for 6 cars. After the house/garage/barn, I got about an acre to mow. I went through a number of Cub Cadets over the years, wore them out. Today, I would not consider a Cub...a Deere, I dunno, so much of them is plastic these days. Anything from a big box store is a use and throw away machine.

I bought my last tractor in 2011, a Kubota BX2360, with a 54" deck, a 48" front end loader and a 60" Woods grader blade (picked up used) for the rear three point hitch. 23 hp Kubota diesel motor that seems like it never needs to be re fueled. It's a grass eating/snow shredding beast! I should have got this when I was a young man, maybe my back would be in decent shape today. It's going to be 9 years old this spring and other than maintenance it has not needed any repair. I've done enough side jobs that has paid for it, finish grading around pools, re graveling driveways, jobs in tight spots in folks backyards, bring topsoil from the front drives to backyards, stuff like that. When I retire I expect to nicely add to my retirement income using this machine, or replacement machine. I love getting paid playing with my toys.

My son also has one of these tractors. He has the drag blade, a box blade, post hole auger and a backhoe attachments. He didn't get the mower deck for it though, although, I did advise Him to do that. He uses the smaller JD tractor for the mowing jobs.

Click image for larger version

Name:	kel.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	805.4 KB
ID:	1252262
                                      Ear Tag no. 00030
                                      The missing link

Comment

• Oh yeah, I forgot, good morning HERD.
                                        Nice day here, 30 above zero and raining. Slicker than fresh dog poopies on green grass out there.
                                        I`ve a box to mail and some cash to deposit to checking, no, I can not mail the cash to anyone, I got a huge parts bill to pay on the CC, almost 1500 bucks.

Have that old wore out diesel all fixed up in no time at this rate.
                                        Oh yeah, not going to do either of them two errands today, just too slick to attempt even going out the door.
                                        Ear Tag no. 00030
                                        The missing link

Comment

• Hey all. Hope all is well on this Wednesday, aka the third Monday - at least it is here. Ugh. Other than that hanging in there. It's been unusually warm here for January and a dry month, though the high country is getting snow. Just nothing much happening right here. Not that I mind if it would get just a skosh warmer and not windy so I could get the bike out and not need 12 layers. I need my happy place.

Kristy
                                          Official HERD Member #00205

'09 Softail Deluxe - Mojo
                                          Stage 1, dyno, no major mods but it's shiny!

Comment

Working...
                                          X