LilJo - For those that witnessed "a" moment

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LilJo - For those that witnessed "a" moment

MAMMOTH HOT SPRINGS, Wyo. — An Oregon man who was caught on video harassing a bison in Yellowstone National Park was arrested in Glacier National Park in the third disturbance in less than a week at a national park, officials said Friday.

Rangers looking for Raymond Reinke of Pendleton, Oregon, found him causing a disturbance Thursday evening at the historic Many Glacier Hotel in the popular Montana park, the National Park Service said.

He remains jailed pending a hearing next week and has requested a court-appointed attorney. A message left at a phone listing for Reinke in Oregon was not immediately returned.

2010 FLHX - Street Glide
    HERD MEMBER #00003

That's a dumbass, right there..

2001 FXDX Superglide Sport. More horses than a feller would want

Official HERD Member #00192

"What, me worry?" Alfred E. Neuman

Comment

I saw the video where the Bison charged at him and nearly got this ol'drunk.
      2010 FLHX - Street Glide
      HERD MEMBER #00003

Comment

He's lucky that he isn't being prepared to be mounted above the bison's fireplace mantle
        “Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results.” - Albert Einstein

Comment

LOL!

Who in the world would be crazy enough to mess with a dang BUFFALO!

wait...what?

Dont answer that....
          Ride EVERY CHANCE YOU GET. Father Time is undefeated.

Ride in Peace, Ricky "Rubberdown" Massey
          Ride Forever Free, Larry Weaver
          See you on the other side, Jeff.

Official HERD Member #00181

Comment

1986 FXR 2015 Road Glide

Member #00014

Comment

Bison aint like bovine Li`l Joe.
              Now quit messing with them.
              Would have been nice to see mr bull fighter get gored and tossed around a bit, would have been horrific for the childrens in the vehicles though.
              Ear Tag no. 00030
              MMMMOOoo"Official HERD Exalted Prime Example"...
              Do`nt need no stinking hay,We want fresh green spring grass
              If they get close enough kick em in the crotch,MMMOOOOooo
              The missing link
              http://www.shovelhead.us/

Comment

I thought that was Wavman trying to get over his fear of buffalo. Hmmmm. Guess not. that guy has hair.
                A.K.A. Chad
                Official Ear Tag #163
                Official Member Paracord Posse
                2012 FLHTK Ultra Limited
                "I talk a lot but don't say much, and I know it..."
                "If you want a friend in Washington, get a dog."

Comment

Originally posted by hockeydawg12 View Post
                  I thought that was Wavman trying to get over his fear of buffalo. Hmmmm. Guess not. that guy has hair.
                  LOL! ! !

That ain't even fair, Chad!

Comment

I thought it was Francis butthen I said nope he is too tall.......

t
                    Some Mistakes Are Too Much Fun To Make Only Once

Official HERD Member #00195

Comment

Originally posted by Nabubba View Post
                      I thought it was Francis butthen I said nope he is too tall.......

t

There is actually a Bison vs LilJo throwdown in Oklahoma City one year! LilJo won the battle because MAMA Bison left to take care of important matters.

2010 FLHX - Street Glide
                      HERD MEMBER #00003

Comment

Originally posted by TheBoss View Post

There is actually a Bison vs LilJo throwdown in Oklahoma City one year! LilJo won the battle because MAMA Bison left to take care of important matters.

That one is in my all time top five scariest moments on a motorcycle--and I wasn't even moving. What do y'all think--30 yards?

Comment

Originally posted by LilJo View Post
                          That one is in my all time top five scariest moments on a motorcycle--and I wasn't even moving. What do y'all think--30 yards?
                          At least, if it wasn't for the fact I was searching for the nearest high spot to run to I woulda taken a pic of that situation lol...I was too busy wondering whether or not I should put my kickstand down and run before she charged though all of us, there was no turning a motorcycle around on that road with that many people.
                          Josh
                          Herd Member #00042
                          2017 Road Glide Ultra┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

R.I.P. Dad 1951-2015

Comment

I think he may have a bucket list to get a ticket at every NP. :-)
                            So...... There is a large herd of these critters running loose in the Henry Mountains @ 25 miles or so from where I live. We go camping up there a lot. On one camping trip my usually totally sane wife and one of my crazy friends decided to creep up on a buff and "Slap im on the arse" There was alcohol involved in this decision. They never got closer than 30' or so then he'd wander forward a few steps. We were watching the action from a low hilltop near camp and the daughter was asking "When are they gonna do it dad?" And I said something like "Never, Because Buffalo aren't as stupid as they are." Anyway, we got bored and started shouting encouraging things like "You Suck" and stuff. The buff must'a thought we were talking to them, so they left. :-)
                            Official HERD Member #00187

Comment

I believe I may have a picture or two of you playing dead while sitting on your bike. Go figure. Me have a picture???

Originally posted by LilJo View Post

We don't have bisons down in Texas unless they are farm raised - I figured a redneck from Arkansas new how to talk to them and he had everything under control...Until.....Yes......He played dead while sitting on his motorcycle. That's when I realized, we were all in trouble.

Originally posted by DoubleJ View Post

At least, if it wasn't for the fact I was searching for the nearest high spot to run to I woulda taken a pic of that situation lol...I was too busy wondering whether or not I should put my kickstand down and run before she charged though all of us, there was no turning a motorcycle around on that road with that many people.

Originally posted by Spiny Norman View Post
                              So...... There is a large herd of these critters running loose in the Henry Mountains @ 25 miles or so from where I live. We go camping up there a lot. On one camping trip my usually totally sane wife and one of my crazy friends decided to creep up on a buff and "Slap im on the arse" There was alcohol involved in this decision. They never got closer than 30' or so then he'd wander forward a few steps. We were watching the action from a low hilltop near camp and the daughter was asking "When are they gonna do it dad?" And I said something like "Never, Because Buffalo aren't as stupid as they are." Anyway, we got bored and started shouting encouraging things like "You Suck" and stuff. The buff must'a thought we were talking to them, so they left. :-)

Booze...Go figure! Bunch of dorks!!!

2010 FLHX - Street Glide
                              HERD MEMBER #00003

Comment

I have no idea what happened, but y'all are making me laugh.
                                Ride in Peace Wndchsr

Comment

Originally posted by Ironhead View Post
                                  I have no idea what happened, but y'all are making me laugh.
                                  Let's just say, it looked from a distance as if he stopped breathing. He was as close as I would ever get to a wild animal in a zoo and looked at a Bison dead in the eye. Them Arkansas folks are tough!
                                  2010 FLHX - Street Glide
                                  HERD MEMBER #00003

Comment

Originally posted by TheBoss View Post
                                    MAMMOTH HOT SPRINGS, Wyo. — An Oregon man who was caught on video harassing a bison in Yellowstone National Park was arrested in Glacier National Park in the third disturbance in less than a week at a national park, officials said Friday.

Rangers looking for Raymond Reinke of Pendleton, Oregon, found him causing a disturbance Thursday evening at the historic Many Glacier Hotel in the popular Montana park, the National Park Service said.

He remains jailed pending a hearing next week and has requested a court-appointed attorney. A message left at a phone listing for Reinke in Oregon was not immediately returned.

Reading in last nights paper, they aint a going to let that guy out of jail, not even a bond set .Judge must a figured He is a danger to the traveling public and too hisself.
                                    Ear Tag no. 00030
                                    MMMMOOoo"Official HERD Exalted Prime Example"...
                                    Do`nt need no stinking hay,We want fresh green spring grass
                                    If they get close enough kick em in the crotch,MMMOOOOooo
                                    The missing link
                                    http://www.shovelhead.us/

Comment

Originally posted by Spiny Norman View Post
                                      That right there is damn funny!!! I'm shocked that there was alcohol involved in a decision like that..........
                                      A.K.A. Chad
                                      Official Ear Tag #163
                                      Official Member Paracord Posse
                                      2012 FLHTK Ultra Limited
                                      "I talk a lot but don't say much, and I know it..."
                                      "If you want a friend in Washington, get a dog."

Comment

In my case I was hearing the line from Jurassic Park, "Don't move. Their vision based on movement."

I looked that buffalo in the eye. Then I used my peripheral vision to spot a little scrub brush and a few very slender and small trees off to my right. I said to myself, I said:

"Self, this is what happens when you consistently do dumbarse stuff. Now you gonna die! And worse yet, your motorcycle is gonna get mashed up."

I also prayed very hard and sincerely--fervently, you might call it.

Comment

Working...
                                        X