This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• August Roll Call

Howdy all, Happy Hump Day, and Happy August first.

Man, this year is flying by
    Ride in Peace Wndchsr

How many days until Christmas?

2010 FLHX - Street Glide
    HERD MEMBER #00003

Comment

Originally posted by TheBoss View Post
      How many days until Christmas?

http://www.xmasclock.com/
      Ride in Peace Wndchsr

Comment

Originally posted by Ironhead View Post

That means winter is closer for a lot of you folks.
        2010 FLHX - Street Glide
        HERD MEMBER #00003

Comment

Wont be here soon enough for Me.

NOT ! ! ! !
          I am enjoying this weather, into the mid 90s and being quit the job by noon each day just makes it mighty nice.
          Hunting season is real close in Alaska. My son drew a rifle tag to get to shoot a Dahl Sheep. He and the grandson is out in the mountains, climbing goat trails on a sheep scouting journey. Their season begins in a week or two. Then it is but thurteee days or less to snow season.
          Ear Tag no. 00030
          MMMMOOoo"Official HERD Exalted Prime Example"...
          Do`nt need no stinking hay,We want fresh green spring grass
          If they get close enough kick em in the crotch,MMMOOOOooo
          The missing link
          http://www.shovelhead.us/

Comment

Time to get to going for work. Have a wonderful day everyone.
            Be safe out there.
            Ear Tag no. 00030
            The missing link

Comment

And you southerners can actually go outside again! LOL Weíve all got our own weather to deal with I guess, I know Iím looking forward to Fall!

Cant believe itís august already!

Bob

Official HERD Member #00230

Westchester County, NY
              '17 FLHXS Street Glide Special

Comment

Mornin' y'all.

Another August in Arkansas commences. Sweltering heat, suped-up humidity, ticks and chiggers and skeeters--man, I LOVE it here!
                Ride EVERY CHANCE YOU GET. Father Time is undefeated.

Ride in Peace, Ricky "Rubberdown" Massey
                Ride Forever Free, Larry Weaver
                See you on the other side, Jeff.

Official HERD Member #00181

Comment

Iíve got a question Herd. Since Iíve got an empty house and time on me hands I started fooling around with my google mapping and see that Route 20 - that follows the old Oregon Trail, runs pretty much straight thru to Sturgis.

Has anyone ridden it, or know anything about it? Is it fairly open, or a slow motion traffic headache? Iím kinda feeling like a road trip and a 2 laner through America always catches my eye!

Thanks for any info you have!
                  Bob

Westchester County, NY

Comment

Originally posted by Firenailer View Post
                    Iíve got a question Herd. Since Iíve got an empty house and time on me hands I started fooling around with my google mapping and see that Route 20 - that follows the old Oregon Trail, runs pretty much straight thru to Sturgis.

Has anyone ridden it, or know anything about it? Is it fairly open, or a slow motion traffic headache? Iím kinda feeling like a road trip and a 2 laner through America always catches my eye!

Way too far north and west for me to advise, but sure sounds like a lot of fun to me!
                    Ride EVERY CHANCE YOU GET. Father Time is undefeated.

Ride in Peace, Ricky "Rubberdown" Massey
                    Ride Forever Free, Larry Weaver
                    See you on the other side, Jeff.

Official HERD Member #00181

Comment

Forgot to sign in this morning. Got busy early today. Heading out. Have a Blessed evening everyone.
                      Jeff
                      09 FLHRCI
                      Herd Member #00045

Comment

Originally posted by Firenailer View Post

Last summer we took 20 from Fort Dodge IA to Chadron, NE, before turning north to the Black Hills. In Iowa, small stretches are divided highway but most is two lanes. Nebraska is all two lane. Iowa and eastern Nebraska is corn / farm country. And flat. Most of Nebraska to Charon is rolling hills, corn and cattle country. I was never there before. I loved it! Roads in Nebraska were baron, I mean no cars were behind or in front of us. We would pull over to stretch our legs for 15 minutes and nobody would pass us form either way. And quite. I will do the ride again someday, from the opposite direction.

Wiki has a map of the old Oregon Trail, through Nebraska, it cross the state much farther south then 20, in the northern part of the state......?

I trust on Google Maps you have zoomed down to street level to get an idea of actual landscape? We did hit small towns, lights here and there, but, the towns were way cool and worth the slow - go. We would seek out old diners / ice cream shops to eat at. I don't remember where it was at but I had the best hot dogs in my life in some little town, somewhere, LOL!

Herdstock 8 gave us the reason to go west last year, we took about 18 days, about 5 at HS and the rest, slowly taking the back roads through rural America there and back. I can't wait to retire and me and my Sweetie take a summer to ride all over, seeing some family and friends out west and visiting every HerdPal who will have me around for a spell.

Retired / no woman holding you down....why are you not gone yet?
                        Mark
                        HERDster #204

Ride On Larry Weaver
                        Wndchsr, catch you in the breeze my friend

Comment

ďI had the best hot dogs of my life in some little town somewhereĒ LMAO - Iíll see if I can find them!

Honestly it took me a couple of weeks just to get my head and my house straightened out, and then I came to the same conclusion - I thought - man, this is what Iíve been waiting for, what the hell am I doing here! A couple of friends were talking about Sturgis....I started talking about this route....and a trip was born!
                          Bob

Westchester County, NY

Comment

G'mornin all.
                            I'm dragging this morning, but coffee is hot and strong.
                            y'all have a great day
                            Ride in Peace Wndchsr

Comment

I too am dragging. Getting things ready for another day on the job though.
                              Ear Tag no. 00030
                              The missing link

Comment

Morning Herd.
                                Just out here on the highway and byways of the South so I can pay for 2 girls to to college....haha

Ya'll have a great day and put those cellphones down when driving.....
                                Some Mistakes Are Too Much Fun To Make Only Once

Official HERD Member #00195

Comment

Morning Herd
                                  Jeff
                                  09 FLHRCI
                                  Herd Member #00045

Comment

Morning all...another day of downpours and suffocating humidity. This has been the wettest summer in a long long time. Two more days then off for a weeks vacation. Meeting up with Patty's family in Virginia for a few days next week. We are counting on riding down, but if this rain pattern keeps up it will be a pickmeup truck ride.

Bob - Sturgis and the Black Hills is a great destination. When the rally is not going on. Too many people and traffic jams, restaurants and bars are jammed up, roads packed full of riders even out in the country. Not my thing. When we went out in June of last year, crowds were low, roads were clear, weather was perfect.

Mark
                                    HERDster #204

Ride On Larry Weaver

Comment

Afternoon Mark. Have a great vacation!
                                      Jeff
                                      09 FLHRCI
                                      Herd Member #00045

Comment

Originally posted by jirvin View Post
                                        Afternoon Mark. Have a great vacation!
                                        Hey Jeff! Thanks! It will be fun as I get time with the grand boys. They are turning the corner, from cute fun little tykes, to know it all little tyrants. Recent lessons in respect and discipline are hard sells. They understand the concept, but forget it in 2 minutes. They need to know why God created the Catty-Niine-Tail, but they are smart enough to call the ACLU and have my grand parental rights taken away, for a spank'n, LOL.
                                        Mark
                                        HERDster #204

Ride On Larry Weaver

Comment

Working...
                                        X