Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

side gig

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • side gig

    I am sure some of you remember that I use to be in business for myself, I had a sign and graphics business from 2003 through the end of 2009. The economy crashing at that point put me out of business.
    About a year after closing down, I sold all of my equipment, and regretted it every day since.
    Lately my boy has expressed interest in getting into that field, so we are starting again.
    I can't afford to buy the level of equipment I once had, but I am going to try to grow.
    I ordered a "cheap" vinyl plotter the other day, and it arrived yesterday. I have found a malfunction with it already, so hoping to get it repaired or replaced soon.
    I can't do much yet until I can get a dedicated computer for it, but that should be in the near future.

    It might take me a while to refresh my memory and skill to get going again, but I am looking forward to the challenge, when time allows, all while teaching the trade to my son.
    We are starting out by doing it as a hobby for now, and will slowly try to build it back into the business I once had.

    Once I get everything going, and learn the new design software, I will start offering custom decals to the HERD.

    I wish I could buy the same software I use to use, but it is $4600, that isn't in the books right now.

    Let me know if any of y'all might be interested in any decals in the future. At one point pretty much every HERD member had at least one window decal that I had made.

    the other great thing about a vinyl cutter, I use to use it to produce airbrush stencils for my paintwork, and I'm sure some of you remember some of the paint jobs I did, so that might happen again too. I do really miss creating things and slinging paint
    Ride in Peace Wndchsr

  • #2
    I remember you having that business, J......believe I got some patches from you!
    OFFICIAL HERD MEMBER #83
    2014 FLHXS
    U.S. NAVY Veteran

    Comment


    • #3
      Iím definitely in for whatever you come up with. Really cool to be starting it up with your son! Good Luck with it Brudda!
      Bob

      Official HERD Member #00230

      Westchester County, NY
      '17 FLHXS Street Glide Special

      Comment


      • #4
        I can place an order right now for basic stuff.
        .
        2010 FLHX - Street Glide
        HERD MEMBER #00003

        Comment


        • #5
          I still have my I survived Herdstock 2010!! You definitely did great work, and it's cool that you are teaching this to your son!
          Miles are on a road map, close to home is here
          Very Proud member #99
          Official Herd Hugger
          Count your life by smiles, not tears:
          Count your age by friends, not years.
          Old bikers don't gray, they CHROME OUT!!

          Comment


          • #6
            I still have some old Herd decals stashed away.

            Mark
            HERDster #204

            Ride On Larry Weaver
            Wndchsr, catch you in the breeze my friend

            Comment


            • #7
              The fridge I put my Herd member number decal on just died, guess I'll need a new one when I get a new fridge! :D
              Joe the One Antlered Moose
              Herd member number 00098
              Combat Vets Motorcycle Association # 19938

              Comment


              • #8
                Good for You Josh. Nice to hear You are getting back after it once again.
                I too still have a couple of decals left.
                Ear Tag no. 00030
                MMMMOOoo"Official HERD Exalted Prime Example"...
                Do`nt need no stinking hay,We want fresh green spring grass
                If they get close enough kick em in the crotch,MMMOOOOooo
                The missing link
                http://www.shovelhead.us/

                Comment


                • #9
                  I have a great selection of your decals too.
                  .
                  2010 FLHX - Street Glide
                  HERD MEMBER #00003

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I remember this one........
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC06515.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	121.6 KB
ID:	1236065

                    x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x
                    HERD member #66
                    HS I Survivor
                    HS II Survivor
                    HS III Survivor
                    HS IV,V,VI wanted to go.....

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Geespot View Post
                      I remember this one........
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC06515.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	121.6 KB
ID:	1236065
                      HaHa!!!!! was just telling someone about that decal on my bike the other day
                      Ride in Peace Wndchsr

                      Comment


                      • #12


                        I remember seeing that decal.

                        .
                        2010 FLHX - Street Glide
                        HERD MEMBER #00003

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Didn't you leave Kentucky with one of those on your bike?
                          Ride in Peace Wndchsr

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I did see a poster a while back ago that gave me an idea for a window decal.
                            It said LOVE,
                            L was a pistol pointing up
                            O was a grenade, but I would use a bulls eye
                            V was a half opened knife
                            E was a side profile of an AR type rifle

                            kinda hard to explain in words, let me see if I can find a pic on the web

                            ok, I found several variations, this one isn't an AR, but you get the idea
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	LOVE.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	34.3 KB
ID:	1236080
                            Last edited by Ironhead; 05-17-2018, 04:32 AM.
                            Ride in Peace Wndchsr

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Might be be hard to see but I had one of these on my old pick up that I got from a fireman at one of the FDNY funerals we covered. They were so short of engines and trucks afterward that they would placard over our insignias with magnetic FDNY logos, put a big poster size picture of the guy on the front, and use our rigs for some of the funerals.
                              Think you could make something like this?

                              Click image for larger version

Name:	3110ECCC-8362-4761-AFD9-983278624ED3.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	861.8 KB
ID:	1236087
                              Bob

                              Official HERD Member #00230

                              Westchester County, NY
                              '17 FLHXS Street Glide Special

                              Comment


                              • #16
                                Let me know when I can order some from you. I need fire department entrance stickers (HFD) 6" letters in red color for about 16 doors. Plus handicap signs and other misc items.

                                I can order them through a buddy of mine that does my fleet but I'd rather order through family.
                                .
                                2010 FLHX - Street Glide
                                HERD MEMBER #00003

                                Comment


                                • #17
                                  I'd like to see a memorial decal for Jeff Mason. I don't want to step on anyone's toes, that were closer to him. If I am tell me so

                                  I'd fund the set up costs and a run of so many, I dunno, enough to pass around to the active Herd members and Jeff's family and friends. I'm no designer and Michelle should have input on that too.

                                  Thoughts?
                                  Mark
                                  HERDster #204

                                  Ride On Larry Weaver
                                  Wndchsr, catch you in the breeze my friend

                                  Comment


                                  • #18
                                    Originally posted by Firenailer View Post
                                    Might be be hard to see but I had one of these on my old pick up that I got from a fireman at one of the FDNY funerals we covered. They were so short of engines and trucks afterward that they would placard over our insignias with magnetic FDNY logos, put a big poster size picture of the guy on the front, and use our rigs for some of the funerals.
                                    Think you could make something like this?

                                    Click image for larger version

Name:	3110ECCC-8362-4761-AFD9-983278624ED3.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	861.8 KB
ID:	1236087
                                    I would have to see a closer pic
                                    Ride in Peace Wndchsr

                                    Comment


                                    • #19
                                      Originally posted by TheBoss View Post
                                      Let me know when I can order some from you. I need fire department entrance stickers (HFD) 6" letters in red color for about 16 doors. Plus handicap signs and other misc items.

                                      I can order them through a buddy of mine that does my fleet but I'd rather order through family.
                                      I am probably still a couple weeks out from being able to do anything like that, but I will let you know
                                      Ride in Peace Wndchsr

                                      Comment


                                      • #20
                                        Originally posted by BaggerBum View Post
                                        I'd like to see a memorial decal for Jeff Mason. I don't want to step on anyone's toes, that were closer to him. If I am tell me so

                                        I'd fund the set up costs and a run of so many, I dunno, enough to pass around to the active Herd members and Jeff's family and friends. I'm no designer and Michelle should have input on that too.

                                        Thoughts?
                                        As soon as we are set and ready, I will let you know.
                                        I was thinking of making a few anyway.
                                        Maybe we can offer some up and any proceeds from them be donated to Michelle
                                        Ride in Peace Wndchsr

                                        Comment

                                        Working...
                                        X