This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LilJo View Post
    Mornin' everybody. Last night in my area of the woods was absolutely CRAZY. Critters were committin' suicide at an unprecedented clip. It all started with me at work ("Patch Tuesday"). I got a call from my Sweet Tina informing me somebody had hit a deer. In front of our house. Knocked the poor lil doe into our yard. It was still alive, and that was freaking Tina slam out.

I dropped everything and jumped on my Sportster with an honest-to-goodness "it's okay to haul a$$" verbal permission slip from my wife! So I did just that. Along the way, the roadway was littered with dead coons, possums, a couple of animals mauled beyond identification when you are running double the speed limit at night. About a mile before I got home two deer crossed in front of me. Not a quarter mile further down the road I had to DODGE to keep from hitting another deer! I rolled up at the house, put the little doe out of it's misery.

After takin' care of the groceries (if you know what I mean), I had to drive Tina to Hot Springs where her car was waiting in a dealership parking lot to be picked up (after some VERY expensive repairs, I might add). On the way, we lost count of all the dead animals in the roadways. It was like a state-wide phenomenon last night. Critters from all over the southland came to Hot Spring County and Garland County Arkansas, waited for vehicles to approach, then jumped out in front of 'em, meeting their grisly end.

On the way home, there was a man eastbound on 270 outside checking the front end of what used to be his car. In the road 100 yards further was an absolute MONSTER buck. I was lookin' back at the guy and almost hit the deer. I swerved to miss. Tina was further behind and got a good look. She said this one was bigger than any of them ones I had killed through the years.

Almost to Magnet Cove, TINA nearly hit a deer!

We finally got home, locked the doors up tight, and then I said a little prayer for all the poor lil critters out there runnin' wild, that they'd look both ways before they crossed them highways and byways, and especially that they'd notice all my brethren and sistren on motorcycles, and shy away from the path of oncoming Harleys. And thanks for the gift of fresh venison, delivered literally to my house! Amen.
    Dang! That was quite an evening. Glad you both made it home safe and sound.
    Hey it works. I’ll be soaked in bacon grease.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrMarty51 View Post

That`ll be some mighty fine eating right there Kevin.
      aint that the truth. them young'uns are mighty tasty and tender
      When it rains, it pours, and the Lord is my umbrella.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ironhead View Post

aint that the truth. them young'uns are mighty tasty and tender
        Yessir, and this one had one particularly tenderized shoulder, but I was able to salvage tenderloin, backstraps, one shoulder, and both hams. One backstrap is soakin' in icey salt-water to be cooked This Very Evening.
        Ride EVERY CHANCE YOU GET. Father Time is undefeated.

Love to Ride, Ride to Live, Live to Love
        Ride in Peace, Ricky "Rubberdown" Massey
        Ride Forever Free, Larry Weaver

Official HERD Member #00181

Comment

• Originally posted by HarleyGirl65 View Post
          Hey all. Made it to mid-week without killing anyone, so there's that at least. :) Hope everyone is doing OK.
          Ear Tag no. 00030
          MMMMOOoo"Official HERD Exalted Prime Example"...
          Do`nt need no stinking hay,We want fresh green spring grass
          If they get close enough kick em in the crotch,MMMOOOOooo
          The missing link
          http://www.shovelhead.us/

Comment

• Heading out. Have a Blessed evening everyone.
            Jeff
            09 FLHRCI
            Herd Member #00045

Comment

• Evenin everyone!
              OFFICIAL HERD MEMBER #83
              2014 FLHXS
              U.S. NAVY Veteran

Comment

• Getting the flu with this weather change. Yeah...I know it dipped down into the mid 60's but for some reason it drug stuff with this front. Throat is itchy. Drinking a little bit of vodka and honey to soothe the throat. OK...Maybe not a little bit of vodka but enough to get me down and keep me sleeping until morning.
                2010 FLHX - Street Glide
                HERD MEMBER #00003

Comment

• Hiya Frank! Hope you get to feelin' better........Vodka and honey will work jus fine. Then again......Kev's Medicine will cure everything!
                  OFFICIAL HERD MEMBER #83
                  2014 FLHXS
                  U.S. NAVY Veteran

Comment

• Originally posted by LilJo View Post

Yessir, and this one had one particularly tenderized shoulder, but I was able to salvage tenderloin, backstraps, one shoulder, and both hams. One backstrap is soakin' in icey salt-water to be cooked This Very Evening.
                    you, my friend, might very well have dinner company knocking on your door shortly.....

**knock** **knock**

Comment

• G'mornin all.
                      Nice crisp and cool morning here again, 57 degrees, but raining, again. Seems as though it has been raining almost every day for the entire week

Comment

• Morning Herd
                        Jeff
                        09 FLHRCI
                        Herd Member #00045

Comment

• Good morning/afternoon HERD.
                          No work today so just goofing off in duh garudge.
                          Ear Tag no. 00030
                          The missing link

Comment

• Hey Marty. What are your temps there today?
                            Jeff
                            09 FLHRCI
                            Herd Member #00045

Comment

• Originally posted by jirvin View Post
                              Hey Marty. What are your temps there today?
                              Been hanging towards the mid fifties for the most part, in the last week or so, before then it had been in the low to mid 60s.
                              Now it is 53 and falling.
                              Looks like next wednesday is suppose to hit about 70, then back to mid fifties and even upper fourties.
                              Ear Tag no. 00030
                              The missing link

Comment

• Afternoon everyone!
                                OFFICIAL HERD MEMBER #83
                                2014 FLHXS
                                U.S. NAVY Veteran

Comment

• Good afternoon Brian, did it ever quit raining over there ?
                                  We had a little bit of a sprinkler going off this morning, nothing measurable though.
                                  At least We got enough moisture so that hunting season was not shut down. That has happened over here, just got too dry for any hunters to be out. I bet that the out of state taggers did not get a refund too, for that year.
                                  Ear Tag no. 00030
                                  The missing link

Comment

• Hey Marty! It did quit.......earlier this week.........farmers are in full swing cuttin soybeans........suppose to rain tomorow nite into sat afternoon.
                                    OFFICIAL HERD MEMBER #83
                                    2014 FLHXS
                                    U.S. NAVY Veteran

Comment

• Originally posted by MrMarty51 View Post

Been hanging towards the mid fifties for the most part, in the last week or so, before then it had been in the low to mid 60s.
                                      Now it is 53 and falling.
                                      Looks like next wednesday is suppose to hit about 70, then back to mid fifties and even upper fourties.
                                      Sounds like the seesaw we are on!
                                      Jeff
                                      09 FLHRCI
                                      Herd Member #00045

Comment

• Afternoon Brian
                                        Jeff
                                        09 FLHRCI
                                        Herd Member #00045

Comment

• Heading out. Have a Blessed evening everyone.
                                          Jeff
                                          09 FLHRCI
                                          Herd Member #00045

Comment

Working...
                                          X