Injian Bikes (Spelled wrong on purpose)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mittens View Post
    I was just reading an article on that Scout. 1133cc engine making 93.75hp on a 563lb bike sounds like a lot of fun to ride! The biggest negative I see is the 3.3 gallon tank. I'll be interested in doing a ride and drive when Indian comes back around this summer.
    Those tanks look bigger than that..... Man, what good is a 3 gallon tank on a cruiser or touring bike?
    The hardest part about a Zombie Apocalypse, will be pretending I'm not excited!

Comment

Originally posted by JimP View Post
      Those tanks look bigger than that..... Man, what good is a 3 gallon tank on a cruiser or touring bike?
      Ask LilJo about his 3 gallon tank on his touring bike!

2010 FLHX - Street Glide
      HERD MEMBER #00003

Comment

Yeah I got a Touring Bike with a 2.25 gallon tank. You get on Highway 2 in Nebraska and, on a clear day, you can see down the highway where you're going to run out of fuel.
        Ride EVERY CHANCE YOU GET. Father Time is undefeated.

Ride in Peace, Ricky "Rubberdown" Massey
        Ride Forever Free, Larry Weaver
        See you on the other side, Jeff.

Official HERD Member #00181

Comment

Yeah having a 3.3 Gallon tank Blows. I'm lookin at Flying Pistons 4 gallon peanut tank. looks exactly the same but a little bit wider and taller. (2 inches taller and wider to be exact). you would think that 0.7 gallons isn't a big deal but let me show you how it is:

Twenty nine Palms to Tracy CA is 439 miles (give or take). Currently (at about 48 miles per gallon) I can go about 150 miles on a tank but try not to go more than 100, 120 max. That means I stop every 1 hour and a half or so. I am stopping 4 times before reaching my final destination.

With a 4 gallon tank in theory I could go 190 miles. Which means stretching that 120 to 150 miles. Going an extra 1/2 hour (depending on how fast I am going) I would only have to stop two times If I wanted to push it. and since every stop is 15-20 mins I am really cutting almost an hour off the trip. (2 stops @ 25 mins = 50 mins)

The other problem is sometimes there is no gas for 50 miles. . . so If I miss that last stop for 50 miles I am sweating like crazy and praying that fumes get me to the gas station. Problems that only the small tank crew have. lol
          Official HERD Member #218 US NAVY Corpsman.
          2012 12000 XLN (Nightster) 10" Pullback T-bars, 4 Gallon stretched tank, Black paint job / Black HD Badging,1.5" Tanklift,SE intake,Thunder Header, Re-geared Tranny, wire tuck, RSD ignition and Coil relocation, And a Navy bell from Swanny.

Comment

I do kindve like the look of the scout. I don't like the big rim covering fenders. But I also have aversion to Polaris. Never have liked anything they put out. :/
            Due to Jeff being a super overused awesome name, call me TJ. :-)

Official HERD Member #00211

Comment

Originally posted by Skullz44 View Post
              Yeah having a 3.3 Gallon tank Blows. I'm lookin at Flying Pistons 4 gallon peanut tank. looks exactly the same but a little bit wider and taller. (2 inches taller and wider to be exact). you would think that 0.7 gallons isn't a big deal but let me show you how it is: Twenty nine Palms to Tracy CA is 439 miles (give or take). Currently (at about 48 miles per gallon) I can go about 150 miles on a tank but try not to go more than 100, 120 max. That means I stop every 1 hour and a half or so. I am stopping 4 times before reaching my final destination. With a 4 gallon tank in theory I could go 190 miles. Which means stretching that 120 to 150 miles. Going an extra 1/2 hour (depending on how fast I am going) I would only have to stop two times If I wanted to push it. and since every stop is 15-20 mins I am really cutting almost an hour off the trip. (2 stops @ 25 mins = 50 mins) The other problem is sometimes there is no gas for 50 miles. . . so If I miss that last stop for 50 miles I am sweating like crazy and praying that fumes get me to the gas station. Problems that only the small tank crew have. lol
              You can anyways carry a couple of those 1 gallon jugs meant to fit in saddle bags

Comment

Originally posted by Skullz44 View Post
                Yeah having a 3.3 Gallon tank Blows. I'm lookin at Flying Pistons 4 gallon peanut tank. looks exactly the same but a little bit wider and taller. (2 inches taller and wider to be exact). you would think that 0.7 gallons isn't a big deal but let me show you how it is:

Twenty nine Palms to Tracy CA is 439 miles (give or take). Currently (at about 48 miles per gallon) I can go about 150 miles on a tank but try not to go more than 100, 120 max. That means I stop every 1 hour and a half or so. I am stopping 4 times before reaching my final destination.

With a 4 gallon tank in theory I could go 190 miles. Which means stretching that 120 to 150 miles. Going an extra 1/2 hour (depending on how fast I am going) I would only have to stop two times If I wanted to push it. and since every stop is 15-20 mins I am really cutting almost an hour off the trip. (2 stops @ 25 mins = 50 mins)

The other problem is sometimes there is no gas for 50 miles. . . so If I miss that last stop for 50 miles I am sweating like crazy and praying that fumes get me to the gas station. Problems that only the small tank crew have. lol
                Believe me, Skullz, I know how it is. Long trips mean stopping, for me, sometimes with only 50 miles down, just because I am not sure how much further to the next stop. It adds about 4 hours to the amount of time it takes me to go to Jeff's house in Tennessee, verses riding my Dyna with a 5-gallon tank.
                Originally posted by RoadKing View Post
                You can anyways carry a couple of those 1 gallon jugs meant to fit in saddle bags
                Those little one gallon cans are the only reason I made it to South Dakota on my Sportster. Harrell brought 2 and put 'em in his trailer, and I also brought two. We emptied 'em several times along the way.
                Ride EVERY CHANCE YOU GET. Father Time is undefeated.

Ride in Peace, Ricky "Rubberdown" Massey
                Ride Forever Free, Larry Weaver
                See you on the other side, Jeff.

Official HERD Member #00181

Comment

Changed my mind. The new 2020 Indian motorcycles are sweet!

I am impressed with the paint schemes. The only thing that I don’t like is that the Chieftan base model only comes in Grey and black.

You guys decide.
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	815D1B8E-B1A3-460C-9CEE-CF958E8F88C3.jpeg
Views:	39
Size:	224.0 KB
ID:	1256008Click image for larger version

Name:	4823549F-C2EB-4319-B931-9AFAF6FF6BF3.jpeg
Views:	40
Size:	410.1 KB
ID:	1256003Click image for larger version

Name:	490B0E58-A1EE-4AA7-9894-091BD1E8BFC7.jpeg
Views:	41
Size:	400.8 KB
ID:	1256004Click image for larger version

Name:	6121531D-226F-4538-B477-EFF7D17431AA.jpeg
Views:	39
Size:	356.9 KB
ID:	1256005Click image for larger version

Name:	22193035-3D2A-4F59-86A3-1E4E1D541316.jpeg
Views:	37
Size:	511.1 KB
ID:	1256006Click image for larger version

Name:	7451C8B1-9BAB-4C1C-96E0-C0C2524BDFC2.jpeg
Views:	36
Size:	590.3 KB
ID:	1256007
                  Attached Files
                  2012 12000 XLN (Nightster) 10" Pullback T-bars, 4 Gallon stretched tank, Black paint job / Black HD Badging,1.5" Tanklift,SE intake,Thunder Header, Re-geared Tranny, wire tuck, RSD ignition and Coil relocation, And a Navy bell from Swanny.

Comment

After 5 years you pipe up and declare you like them?.... lol.

I will own a Scout one day for no other reason than my real name is Scout...

Comment

If I was going to spend that kind of money on an Indian motorcycle, I`m afraid it would have to be an import, from New Zealand. Kiwi Indian.
                      Ear Tag no. 00030

Comment

OK, the last pic of the Scout kicked in some ever faultier brain cells... The only Indian Scout I ever saw up close was quite an encounter. So, just tonight, I spent waaaay too long trying to find the thread post. Score!

The Scout I saw was very cool. But I will freely admit to the assemblage here, and also to my Higher Power, that when a very curvy, purple-haired, sleeved out, open carrying, friendly woman runs to me at a gas pump, waving a giant energy drink and gushing on how pretty my ol' Superglide Sport is (I'd just gotten it off Raymand) then she has my undivided attention.

Here's the post from June, 2017, and as you see, the photo was/is held in Photobucket prison.

I got lost... which is not a bad thing. As the roads were well-surfaced. I eventually surfaced in the familiar Southern IN town of Brownstown, and hit the only gas station I'd ever visited in the past- a Farm Bureau Co-op CountryMark.

Here, I met Diana...

Name:	20170617_133339_zpsfjrfrn9o.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	130.2 KB
ID:	1256029
                        If ever there was a female LilJo, here she was.
                        She came running up to my gas pump, asking me if I knew where the road closings were on state Road 135.

I spent 15 or 20 minutes in conversation with her, talking bikes. There's not many times you run across folks that make such a positive first impression.

It didn't take long to figure out how she loved riding, loved her Maker, and just plain flat-out loved life.
                        Diana did not ever meet a stranger.
                        Diana has purple hair.
                        Diana went with her sister last spring (a BMW rider) to the dealer... riding her V-Star. She came out of the place with this Arlen Ness Indian Scout.
                        Diana rode it to Yellowstone, and Rushmore last fall.
                        Diana is very spiritual, as you can see on her sleeve. (Three crosses on the hill)
                        Diana had a Charter Arms Chic Lady .38 special holstered, glimpsed behind her pop can.
                        Diana said, "I'd rather ride than eat, and you see how I love that!" (slaps her hip)
                        I asked her permission to post a pic of her bike. She said "Sure!", and ran up and posed.
                        10 minutes after she pulled away, I kicked myself for not getting her to look at Herd.

~~

The scout is advertized to have 100 hp, and with that low CG, I'd bet they would be fun.

PFFT PFFT PFFT PFFT PFFT

2001 FXDX Superglide Sport. More horses than a feller would want

Official HERD Member #00192

"What, me worry?" Alfred E. Neuman

Comment

Originally posted by Scout View Post
                          After 5 years you pipe up and declare you like them?.... lol.

I will own a Scout one day for no other reason than my real name is Scout...
                          Yes. . . Yes I did.

Comment

Originally posted by Big D View Post
                            OK, the last pic of the Scout kicked in some ever faultier brain cells... The only Indian Scout I ever saw up close was quite an encounter. So, just tonight, I spent waaaay too long trying to find the thread post. Score!

The Scout I saw was very cool. But I will freely admit to the assemblage here, and also to my Higher Power, that when a very curvy, purple-haired, sleeved out, open carrying, friendly woman runs to me at a gas pump, waving a giant energy drink and gushing on how pretty my ol' Superglide Sport is (I'd just gotten it off Raymand) then she has my undivided attention.

Here's the post from June, 2017, and as you see, the photo was/is held in Photobucket prison.

I got lost... which is not a bad thing. As the roads were well-surfaced. I eventually surfaced in the familiar Southern IN town of Brownstown, and hit the only gas station I'd ever visited in the past- a Farm Bureau Co-op CountryMark.

Here, I met Diana...

Name:	20170617_133339_zpsfjrfrn9o.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	130.2 KB
ID:	1256029
                            If ever there was a female LilJo, here she was.
                            She came running up to my gas pump, asking me if I knew where the road closings were on state Road 135.

I spent 15 or 20 minutes in conversation with her, talking bikes. There's not many times you run across folks that make such a positive first impression.

It didn't take long to figure out how she loved riding, loved her Maker, and just plain flat-out loved life.
                            Diana did not ever meet a stranger.
                            Diana has purple hair.
                            Diana went with her sister last spring (a BMW rider) to the dealer... riding her V-Star. She came out of the place with this Arlen Ness Indian Scout.
                            Diana rode it to Yellowstone, and Rushmore last fall.
                            Diana is very spiritual, as you can see on her sleeve. (Three crosses on the hill)
                            Diana had a Charter Arms Chic Lady .38 special holstered, glimpsed behind her pop can.
                            Diana said, "I'd rather ride than eat, and you see how I love that!" (slaps her hip)
                            I asked her permission to post a pic of her bike. She said "Sure!", and ran up and posed.
                            10 minutes after she pulled away, I kicked myself for not getting her to look at Herd.

~~

The scout is advertized to have 100 hp, and with that low CG, I'd bet they would be fun.

I remember that posting. What a gal. She sure makes that motorcycle look small.
                            Ear Tag no. 00030

Comment

I like the Springfield and the Vintage , even the gawd ugly front fender .. Really under my skin that they talk about being America's first motosickle company and they promote the image of all that , but they never tell you that they went under in 1953 and since the early nineties have been under several different owners , they bought the rights to the name and design I spose , but it's just 'not right' ..
                              My friend who ran the dealership here said Indian was a good motosickle but they had a tendency to run hot and I have herd the new ones do as well ..
                              And the accessories are outrageous even by Harley standards
                              Last edited by JacktheBagger; 06-19-2020, 10:41 AM.
                              OFFICIAL HERD MEMBER #00232

Comment

Originally posted by JacktheBagger View Post
                                I like the Springfield and the Vintage , even the gawd ugly front fender .. Really under my skin that they talk about being America's first motosickle company and they promote the image of all that , but they never tell you that they went under in 1953 and since the early nineties have been under several different owners , they bought the rights to the name and design I spose , but it's just 'not right' ..
                                My friend who ran the dealership here said Indian was a good motosickle but they had a tendency to run hot and I have herd the new ones do as well ..
                                And the accessories are outrageous even by Harley standards
                                YUP, even built in the UK for a while.
                                Ear Tag no. 00030

Comment

Working...
                                X