No announcement yet.

Injian Bikes (Spelled wrong on purpose)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Injian Bikes (Spelled wrong on purpose)

Sooooooo I read that Sturgis is now Sponsored by the MOCO for the Next 75 years, and Injian (owned by Polaris) aint to keen on that, So I said well lets look at the Indian Bikes and see what the Hoopla is about.... The Old Indian bikes are gorgeous. there is a 1960 Indian in the Cabazon Ruby's diner and It is GORGEOUS!

I have to say that I don't really care for them and other than the engine's HP I do not see why people are drooling over them. I include pictures so you guys can be the judge, but I normally say to each their own, but when I saw these I was less than impressed. The Scout and Chief aren't to bad, but the fairing on the Road Master looks like the bastard love child of a Streetglide, and a Kawasaki Vaquero fairing. You guys be the judge.

Official HERD Member #218 US NAVY Corpsman.
    2012 12000 XLN (Nightster) 10" Pullback T-bars, 4 Gallon stretched tank, Black paint job / Black HD Badging,1.5" Tanklift,SE intake,Thunder Header, Re-geared Tranny, wire tuck, RSD ignition and Coil relocation, And a Navy bell from Swanny.

I like the Scout. The other two don't appeal to me at all. I hear them Scouts run real good. If I ever see one I am going to try to provoke the rider into provin it!
    Ride EVERY CHANCE YOU GET. Father Time is undefeated.

Ride in Peace, Ricky "Rubberdown" Massey
    Ride Forever Free, Larry Weaver
    See you on the other side, Jeff.

Official HERD Member #00181

Comment

I'd ride one if it was given to me !!! but I'm not crazy about them either. I do have a friend who bought a Chief last year and it is a very pretty bike.
      2018 Road Glide
      Member #00014

Comment

Jay Stronghawk has a Scout. He has been having a couple of quality issues but, he likes the way it runs.

Paint started peeling from the tank fill neck. (Fixed under warranty)

Front forks were getting spongy. Oil changed at the dealer. I'm not sure how they are now.

Maybe Jay will get on here and give us a rundown?
        It STILL don't make me no nevermind!
        Official HERD Member #00186

sigpic

Comment

Outta those three pictured...........The Scout is the only one that even remotely peaks my interest. But not near enough to pay for one though.
          Herd Member #87
          US Navy Veteran

Comment

I agree with you Jeff and I can say I'd not trade my Road King in on any of them but I know some folks like them
            The hardest part about a Zombie Apocalypse, will be pretending I'm not excited!

Comment

Their designs might be practical, but IMHO, they're all ugly. Of course I know that there are riders out there who disagree with me or they'd be out of business. As they say, "to each their own"!

Comment

Yeah, I'm feeling somewhat tolerant this morning. Strange kind of feeling for me :ha

Comment

A friend of mines Road Glide got totaled last year when a guy ran into it while it was parked, and he just purchased an Indian and from what I hear he is very happy. And as for looks, I can't say a damn thing, I bought a Road Glide and to most people they are ugly too, it is still growing on me. I think I am having a hard time getting passed the fixed fairing.
                  Dale
                  Official HERD Member #00145
                  Keep The Rubber Side Down

Comment

Kind of off topic, but, here goes anyway.... I was late for my acupuncture apt and I was very much speeding.. The speed limit before the bridge is 90 km and on and after the bridge is 50 km... So I'm doing about 110... I get over the bridge and there is the Mounties, waving me over.. Dangit!!! I'm caught, no point in being frustrated or upset.. ( I should mention, I'm in my truck) I was late leaving my house and couldn't remember where I put my licence, so I grabbed my tank bag and my purse... So I'm pulled over, and get my registration out, and looking for my licence.. Shoot, can't find it... He comes to the window.. I hand him my registration, I say, "I know my licence is here somewhere" .. He just looks at me n smiles.. I smile politely back... But on the inside, starting to panic.. He stands there as I'm going back n forth between my tank bag n purse, then says, "is that a tank bag?" I smile n say yes.. He asks what I ride, I tell him.. He says he rides too.. He has an Indian.. I say, oh wow, how cool... If I didn't ride a Harley, I'd have a Scout... Then I say, "I know my licence is in one of these bags" .... He says, "oh don't worry about it, I can just look you up and can find out everything" I said, oh thank u!!! So he goes away, comes back, (by then I found my licence) .. He says, "I can charge you with excessive speed (around $500?? Ish) but I will just give you ??? (I forget what) about $250.. I said oh that's so kind thank you!!! .... He goes back to his car, comes back and says, ok, I will give you only $100 fine and if you pay it within a month, it will only be $75... I smile and say again, that's so kind!! Thank you so much!!! And he goes on to tell me how nice I am, and I tell him how kind he is.. And (Ya he was crazy handsome) .. So I leave and think, (in my best Madaline Kahn voice from Blazing Saddles) "what a nithe guy" .. That's my Indian story
                    sigpicHERD medic! #00039
                    I am Jase's precious
                    If you are what you eat, then I'm delicious!
                    I miss you Rick, you goofball
                    HPH- The Legend

Comment

Generally not my thing. They just don't appeal to me, which is just as well because I can't afford to have 2 bikes and I'm not getting rid of my Luxe, so that's that.
                      Kristy
                      Official HERD Member #00205

'09 Softail Deluxe - Mojo
                      Stage 1, dyno, no major mods but it's shiny!

Comment

I can't get past the fenders on those bikes. The Scout isn't bad, that one I like and the Roadmaster faring reminds me of The Rocketeer!
                        John
                        Herd member #20
                        2005 Ultra Classic
                        Does my Heaven burn like Hell on you?
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Hot Pink Harley View Post
                          Kind of off topic, but, here goes anyway.... I was late for my acupuncture apt and I was very much speeding.. The speed limit before the bridge is 90 km and on and after the bridge is 50 km... So I'm doing about 110... I get over the bridge and there is the Mounties, waving me over.. Dangit!!! I'm caught, no point in being frustrated or upset.. ( I should mention, I'm in my truck) I was late leaving my house and couldn't remember where I put my licence, so I grabbed my tank bag and my purse... So I'm pulled over, and get my registration out, and looking for my licence.. Shoot, can't find it... He comes to the window.. I hand him my registration, I say, "I know my licence is here somewhere" .. He just looks at me n smiles.. I smile politely back... But on the inside, starting to panic.. He stands there as I'm going back n forth between my tank bag n purse, then says, "is that a tank bag?" I smile n say yes.. He asks what I ride, I tell him.. He says he rides too.. He has an Indian.. I say, oh wow, how cool... If I didn't ride a Harley, I'd have a Scout... Then I say, "I know my licence is in one of these bags" .... He says, "oh don't worry about it, I can just look you up and can find out everything" I said, oh thank u!!! So he goes away, comes back, (by then I found my licence) .. He says, "I can charge you with excessive speed (around $500?? Ish) but I will just give you ??? (I forget what) about $250.. I said oh that's so kind thank you!!! .... He goes back to his car, comes back and says, ok, I will give you only $100 fine and if you pay it within a month, it will only be $75... I smile and say again, that's so kind!! Thank you so much!!! And he goes on to tell me how nice I am, and I tell him how kind he is.. And (Ya he was crazy handsome) .. So I leave and think, (in my best Madaline Kahn voice from Blazing Saddles) "what a nithe guy" .. That's my Indian story
                          Nice ending! Shame it wasn't a zero fine though.
                          John
                          Herd member #20
                          2005 Ultra Classic
                          Does my Heaven burn like Hell on you?
                          sigpic

Comment

not realy indins anyhow just bot the trademark and tryed to ride the retro style
                            THE NEGATIVE ONE no better don't click
                            https://www.youtube.com/watch?x-yt-c...-ts=1422579428
                            How's my Spelin, CALL 1-800-BOSS to report my bad spelizin

Comment

Originally posted by Hot Pink Harley View Post
                              Now fess up Cindy. If you were on the bike how much faster would you have been riding? And would you have stopped?

Comment

I like the look of the scout, except for the engine, if they put the 111 in it I'd be interested. As far as the rest of them, maybe with smaller fenders.
                                Official HERD Member #00212
                                The only place one man's liberty should end is where mine begins.

Comment

I was just reading an article on that Scout. 1133cc engine making 93.75hp on a 563lb bike sounds like a lot of fun to ride! The biggest negative I see is the 3.3 gallon tank. I'll be interested in doing a ride and drive when Indian comes back around this summer.

Comment

Not my style.....Scout or not. However, if it was given to me....Different story! I would keep it but sell it right away!
                                    2010 FLHX - Street Glide
                                    HERD MEMBER #00003

Comment

Originally posted by TheBoss View Post
                                      Not my style.....Scout or not. However, if it was given to me....Different story! I would keep it but sell it right away!
                                      Oh, I don't want to buy one, but I'll go beat the chit out of one of theirs for a little while. :)

Comment

The only thing I've ever like about the Indians is the leather used on their saddles I love to have one on my bike, but you can have those fenders they are ugly
                                        sigpic

Official HERD Member #00207
                                        2004 Electra Glide Custom Police Bike
                                        RIP Ride On Larry "Ozzyrral" Weaver 6-28-2016

Comment

Working...
                                        X