Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New guy to the Forum, Oakville CT

Hi all,

I am a new rider and new to the forum. I have a 2002 Sportster 1200C and this spring getting a new Softail. I am taking my new riders course next month up at TSI HD Dealer in Ellington.

Cool looking site
    Official HERD Member #00159

I fish better with a lit cigar; some people fish better with talent. ~Nick Lyons, Bright Rivers, 1977

Welcome to the forum and to our community. Money and time well vested on your riders course! Post up a picture or two and show of you Sporty.
    2010 FLHX - Street Glide
    HERD MEMBER #00003

Comment

welcome, yea what boss said, we like pictures
      Crazy people don't know they're crazy, I know I'm crazy therefore I'm not crazy, isn't that crazy.....

Comment

Welcome to the site. Congrats on taking the riders course. I've taken a riders course three times and plan on one next month and I've learned something new each time.
        Whatever doesn't kill me....HAD BETTER START RUNNING!

Official HERD Member #00130

Comment

Welcome, I have been riding for more than 30 years and am thinking about taking the course. You know what they say, the day you say you know it all you ain't worth a chit.
          Herd member #85

sigpic

Comment

Welcome Mike,

And like CLL375 stated, good choice on the rider course. I don't care how experienced a rider is, you will learn something new every time. But being a new rider its great that you are taking the course before you learn too many bad habits...... LOL

Take your shoes off and stay a while, beers in the fridge so help yourself.
            HERD # 00075
            08 Stage II 103 Ultra Classic
            USMC Veteran

Comment

Welcome! Smart move taking the Riders Course.
              Jeff
              09 FLHRCI
              Herd Member #00045

Comment

Welcome!
                OFFICIAL HERD MEMBER #83
                2014 FLHXS
                U.S. NAVY Veteran

Comment

Thanks all very cool looking site. I was on a few other sites but it seems allot of other places do not care for HD.

Here is a pic of my bike the day I picked her out. To me about 15 minutes to convince the wife now she wants me to get a Softail Heritage classic.
                  Attached Files

I fish better with a lit cigar; some people fish better with talent. ~Nick Lyons, Bright Rivers, 1977

Comment

Hello Mike and welcome! Pics, pics, pics!!!

Comment

Welcome from Pa.
                      Dale
                      Official HERD Member #00145
                      Keep The Rubber Side Down

Comment

Thanks all very cool looking site. I was on a few other sites but it seems allot of other places do not care for HD.
                        Mike you think its cool now.... come to the next HERDSTOCK ! ! I have two words for you... Family reunion. This is a tight knit unit here...
                        HERD # 00075
                        08 Stage II 103 Ultra Classic
                        USMC Veteran

Comment

Originally posted by DevilDogBagger View Post
                          Mike you think its cool now.... come to the next HERDSTOCK ! ! I have two words for you... Family reunion. This is a tight knit unit here...
                          Looking forward to it, I think I have hours of reading tonight. is there a thread on the 2010?

Comment

Here is some read about it.

Originally posted by TheBoss
                            HERDSTOCK 2011 is scheduled for Wednesday 5/25 through Sunday 5/29

Branson, MO and Ozark, AR were the runner up followed by Tennessee. Some proposed to combine Branson and Ozark. This is what I have so far.

I have been in contact with the Convention and Visitors Bureau from Harrison, Arkansas as well as campsites in the area. I'm getting rates negotiated and packages for us to consider.

To narrow everything down even further, here's another poll to determine how many will consider the following:

• Camp or Hotel
                            • How many attending (just guess at the moment)
                            • Three (3) runs or Friday and Saturday

For those camping, I have a campsite that is 5 minutes away the hotel but we need an approximate head count to see if they can accommodate our group. (I.e. Showers/bathrooms) If not, we need to go with the alternate site which might also change the hotel.

Here is a MAP that illustrates where the Hotel is (red bed) the campsite location (green fire logs) and both Friday and Saturday rides! Friday is North and Saturday is South.

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?f=q&s...7,2.032471&z=9

Campers with tents - $10 per person per day - Includes facilities, washer/dryer, Wi-Fi, etc. and more.

Here is the link to the campground:
                            http://www.harrisonvillagervpark.com/

Hotel Seville which is up the road - Has restaurant/bar and it's pet friendly - Just recently remodeled.

This hotel is also bike friendly and has covered parking for motorcycles, wash bay, and more.

As of right now, I'm trying to get rates similar or better than the Days Inn from Kentucky.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3380[/ATTACH]

Here is the link to the hotel: http://www.hotelseville.com/gallery.shtml

PROPOSED RUNS -

Friday: 110 miles with 378 curves

Starts off in Harrison -North on Hwy 7 - Get on a short Ferry ride across the lake and cross MO State line. There is no charge for the ferry. This route takes us through a the Missouri countryside before arriving in Forsythe and Branson.

It's only a 3.5 hour ride round-trip not counting stops which will be added once we can confirm everything.

If you haven't experienced the Peel's Ferry Route, you haven't experienced the most unique route in the Ozarks. The Peel's Ferry was developed when the White River was dammed to make Bull Shoals Lake.

Saturday and Main Event: 110 miles with 662 curves

Leaving Harrison on Hwy 7 South - The Ozark Moonshine Run is without a doubt the most picturesque route in the Ozarks! The route encompasses parts of Scenic Highway 7 and winds through the deepest parts of the Ozark Mountains.

Along the route you can expect to see magnificent views, ancient bluff lines, and the possibility of majestic elk grazing in their natural
                            habitat. Parts of the route make you feel like you have stepped back in time to a slower paced lifestyle.

You will see many attractions along the way , so take your time and
                            enjoy the scenery; but be careful of the many curves along this route. Some parts can be tricky and slightly dangerous.

Total time is approximately 3 hours and 45 minutes without any stops. Stops will be added once we have everything confirmed.

It takes a lot of coordination so I appreciate your votes.

Harrison is another dry-town but it's no different than Paintsville. You can BYOB to the campsite and the restaurants with Bars are allowed to sell liquor. There are several areas nearby where you can purchase your booze as well.

Hope this information helps!
                            2010 FLHX - Street Glide
                            HERD MEMBER #00003

Comment

welcome from Tampa Fla
                              Member #125 (Becky)
                              NEVER GO FASTER THAN YOUR GUARDIAN ANGEL CAN FLY

Comment

Working...
                              X