The Bagpiper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Bagpiper

As a bagpiper, I play many gigs. Recently I was asked by a funeral director to play at a graveside service for a homeless man. He had no family or friends, so the service was to be at a pauper's cemetery in the Kentucky back country. As I was not familiar with the backwoods, I got lost. I finally arrived an hour late and saw the funeral guy had evidently gone and the hearse was nowhere in sight. There were only the digging crew left and they were eating lunch. I felt badly and apologized to the men for being late.

I went to the side of the grave and looked down and the vault lid was already in place. I didn't know what else to do, so I started to play. The workers put down their lunches and began to gather around. I played out my heart and soul for this man with no family or friends. As I played 'Amazing Grace,' the workers began to weep. They wept, I wept, we all wept together.

When I finished I packed up my bagpipes and started for my car. Though my head hung low, my heart was full. As I opened the door to my car, I heard one of the workers say, "I ain't never seen nuthin' like that before and I've been putting in septic tanks for twenty years."

Apparently I'm still lost...
    Where does it say Humpty Dumpty was an Egg?
    Official HERD Member #00127 - Glenn
    Growing old is not for Sissies..........

DAMNIT!!!!! You got me! I'm reading that and getting some dust in my eyes and then the punch line slaps me in the mouth. Now I'm laughing...what a way to jerk someone's emotions! HAhahahaha funny stuff man. :)
    - Eric [HERD Member #123]
    US ARMY MP 1996 - 2003
    2011 FLHX103 Street Glide (His)
    2008 FXDB Street Bob (Hers)

Comment

Yeah, GTO, you got me on that one!!
      Miles are on a road map, close to home is here
      Very Proud member #99
      Official Herd Hugger
      Count your life by smiles, not tears:
      Count your age by friends, not years.
      Old bikers don't gray, they CHROME OUT!!

Comment

Way ta go!!!
        OLD SKOOL BIKERS RULE, WE DO WHAT IT TAKES AND LIKE IT!!!
        With age comes wisdom, yeah right!
        FIRST "HERD BIKE OF THE MONTH CLUB MEMBER"
        RIP Rick.....Ride On Forever In Our Hearts My Brother!

Comment

hehehe, good one
          Ride in Peace Wndchsr

www.my.doterra.com/jbush

Comment

Got me to..... Good one

And I was trying to get my head around a big Harley guy playing the bagpipes
            The hardest part about a Zombie Apocalypse, will be pretending I'm not excited!

Comment

OFFICIAL HERD MEMBER #83
              2014 FLHXS
              U.S. NAVY Veteran

Comment

Working...
              X