Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cecil did NOT die in vain...

Cecil the lion did not die in vain...

He's been re-purposed into a stylish stole for the great actor James Earl Jones

ed

:laughout

OK... lock me up...

:mug

PFFT PFFT PFFT PFFT PFFT

2001 FXDX Superglide Sport. More horses than a feller would want

Official HERD Member #00192

"What, me worry?" Alfred E. Neuman

Official HERD Member #00212
    The only place one man's liberty should end is where mine begins.

Comment

You have to laugh at that
      HERD#18

Comment

King Jaffie Jaffa
        Crazy people don't know they're crazy, I know I'm crazy therefore I'm not crazy, isn't that crazy.....

Comment

LOL!!!!
          Ride EVERY CHANCE YOU GET. Father Time is undefeated.

Ride in Peace, Ricky "Rubberdown" Massey
          Ride Forever Free, Larry Weaver
          See you on the other side, Jeff.

Official HERD Member #00181

Comment

I think it's cruel and guy should be shot! IMHO
            Once you go Bagger, you don't come back! RK with a few tweaks... Glock Borkaty Bork Bork! HERD#00011 (Original Crew)

Comment

Originally posted by JBone View Post
              I think it's cruel and guy should be shot! IMHO
              I agree with you!
              Miles are on a road map, close to home is here
              Very Proud member #99
              Official Herd Hugger
              Count your life by smiles, not tears:
              Count your age by friends, not years.
              Old bikers don't gray, they CHROME OUT!!

Comment

Y'all, however you feel about hunters and hunting big game, the guy from everything I've read truly didn't know he was hunting a well-known animal.

He was going on what he was told by his guides. He doesn't deserve the death threats he and his family have received.
                Patti, HERD Georgia Girl #113

RubberDown/Double Secret Agent #19 and Ozzyrral #213...RIP
                We will ride again wndchsr...
                'If you obey all the rules you miss all the fun.' - Katherine Hepburn

Comment

I get where you're coming from, Patti, but how much attention would it have taken to see that this was a collared animal? And that maybe he should have questioned that?? I'm not buying the whole ignorance plea. I have no tolerance for trophy hunting. Either eat what you shoot, or take your trophy with a camera and leave it for others to enjoy.
                  Kristy
                  Official HERD Member #00205

'09 Softail Deluxe - Mojo
                  Stage 1, dyno, no major mods but it's shiny!

Comment

You may be right Kristy. We hunt deer for food (we live in deer central in SW Ga., they are everywhere) and always eat what we kill. Venison in our freezer replaces ground beef in all our recipes.

Big game trophy hunting is nothing we have any interest in. I just think there are 3 sides to every story. Was the lion's mane covering the collar (if he had a mane) or was it visible and he shot it anyway? And they don't put ear tags on the protected ones, like they mark cattle over here? An ear tag would have made it extremely obvious.
                    It is a tragic thing that happened, but threatening his family crosses the line in my opinion.

Comment

We had a guy at work that went bow hunting and killed a small deer - when he found the deer it had a collar on it. Yes we gave him hell for a long time.
                      Official HERD Member #00135

Comment

Originally posted by livetoridelady View Post
                        You may be right Kristy. We hunt deer for food (we live in deer central in SW Ga., they are everywhere) and always eat what we kill. Venison in our freezer replaces ground beef in all our recipes.

Big game trophy hunting is nothing we have any interest in. I just think there are 3 sides to every story. Was the lion's mane covering the collar (if he had a mane) or was it visible and he shot it anyway? And they don't put ear tags on the protected ones, like they mark cattle over here? An ear tag would have made it extremely obvious.
                        It is a tragic thing that happened, but threatening his family crosses the line in my opinion.
                        Yeah, bein' a hunter and having herd all this before I was gonna just stay out....But....Here's the thing....Those big-game hunters (of which I have no interest) are paying about $50 Grand to go over there and hunt. The whole trophy hunt thing goes against everything I was raised up to believe about killin', but it IS legal. And a big portion of that money goes towards conservation. On a different scale, look at places like Arkansas and Georgia. Deer are absolutely EVERYWHERE. We have over a million of 'em in Arkansas and every single season there is a "record harvest." Still, we have many vehicle-deer collisions. Can you imagine how bad it would be if not for hunters taking out so many each season?

Plus, the money spent on licenses keeps the doors open at the Arkansas Game and Fish Commission, which in turn stocks fish in our lakes, runs fish hatcheries, provides Wildlife Management Areas (WMA's), etc.

I hate that the guy killed ol' Cecil the Lion, but, on the other hand, if I WAS lion huntin', and encountered a big ol' male lion at close range, I don't think I'd be takin' too much time to examine him for any special markings. I'd be too busy tryin' to make certain I made my one shot count so as not to get killed by him. Of course, all that is predicated by "IF I WAS LION HUNTIN'", which I most certainly will NOT be doing.

I was raised to follow this simple rule: Only kill something if you plan to eat it, or if it plans to eat (or kill) you.

I get a kick out of these big city boys that come to places like Arkansas, Alabama, Kansas, etc. on Trophy Whitetail Deer hunts. They pay guides that have essentially fenced in deer in 1000-acre pens, and fed them year-round. These deer follow very predictable trails. Then they set up Mr Rich Guy and he gets to kill a monster buck. They skin and butcher it for him AFTER getting it out of the woods for him. He then pays a taxidermist to mount his trophy deer, and has it shipped to his office in Chicago where he proudly displays it to give the impression that he is some kind of apex predator. In reality, he couldn't whup his way out of a wet paper sack. LOL! ! ! !

Rest in Peace, Cecil.
                        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvsQ9hYKq7c
                        Ride EVERY CHANCE YOU GET. Father Time is undefeated.

Ride in Peace, Ricky "Rubberdown" Massey
                        Ride Forever Free, Larry Weaver
                        See you on the other side, Jeff.

Official HERD Member #00181

Comment

Originally posted by HarleyGirl65 View Post
                          I get where you're coming from, Patti, but how much attention would it have taken to see that this was a collared animal? And that maybe he should have questioned that?? I'm not buying the whole ignorance plea. I have no tolerance for trophy hunting. Either eat what you shoot, or take your trophy with a camera and leave it for others to enjoy.
                          X2
                          Once you go Bagger, you don't come back! RK with a few tweaks... Glock Borkaty Bork Bork! HERD#00011 (Original Crew)

Comment

Originally posted by LilJo View Post

I was raised to follow this simple rule: Only kill something if you plan to eat it, or if it plans to eat (or kill) you.

Rest in Peace, Cecil.

That is it right there.
                            Wanda
                            HERD Member #00180 • Proud HS III, IV, and V survivor.
                            A DREAM. A VISION. A QUEST. (In memory of Big Mike)

Comment

I was raised to follow that rule too LilJo...and always have.

Comment

Working...
                              X