Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My new Beast! Everyone meet Sheena (1969 Ironhead Sportster)!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • My new Beast! Everyone meet Sheena (1969 Ironhead Sportster)!

    First Harley ever and I'm in love! Runs like a fugging dream and scares the chit outta me.... but in like a good way haha.

    p.s. my legs hurt :)


    Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	1.11 MB
ID:	1246292Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	1.51 MB
ID:	1246293Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	1.31 MB
ID:	1246294Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	1.24 MB
ID:	1246295

  • #2
    Welcome from Wisconsin. Tell us more about how you found our quaint little corner of the web.
    And if Kevin sees that bike, you may have a new best friend.
    A.K.A. Chad
    Official Ear Tag #163
    Official Member Paracord Posse
    2012 FLHTK Ultra Limited
    "I talk a lot but don't say much, and I know it..."
    "If you want a friend in Washington, get a dog."

    Comment


    • #3
      Can I take it for a spin ? Welcome to Our corner of the planet.
      Ear Tag no. 00030
      MMMMOOoo"Official HERD Exalted Prime Example"...
      Do`nt need no stinking hay,We want fresh green spring grass
      If they get close enough kick em in the crotch,MMMOOOOooo
      The missing link
      http://www.shovelhead.us/

      Comment


      • #4
        Hahaha I wish you all could but I'm in the middle of Illinois MrMarty51. Anybody from Champaign Urbana on here?

        hockeydawg12 I'm now all about this bike and getting it in amazing shape (not that its in bad shape whatsoever), so I was looking up forums for oldschool harleys and this was the first on google. Seems legit.

        Comment


        • #5
          cool bike , looks like it would be fun the tool around some back roads on
          1986 FXR 2015 Road Glide

          Member #00014

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by waffles View Post
            Hahaha I wish you all could but I'm in the middle of Illinois MrMarty51. Anybody from Champaign Urbana on here?

            hockeydawg12 I'm now all about this bike and getting it in amazing shape (not that its in bad shape whatsoever), so I was looking up forums for oldschool harleys and this was the first on google. Seems legit.
            We have a few near you but they are not good people! Welcome to the forum.


            .
            2010 FLHX - Street Glide
            HERD MEMBER #00003

            Comment


            • #7
              Cheers TheBoss! Thanks for welcoming me. That sucks that those people suck! Who should I stay away from?

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by waffles View Post
                Cheers TheBoss! Thanks for welcoming me. That sucks that those people suck! Who should I stay away from?


                The list is too long to post on a thread.




                But once you meet any from the forum, you will see why we are truly family. We have an event in Kentucky next month that we call HERDSTOCK. It's our 10th year. You are welcome to go. I know you will need frequent stops for fuel but you will have a chance of meeting a bunch of ugly dudes and pretty women.
                .
                2010 FLHX - Street Glide
                HERD MEMBER #00003

                Comment


                • #9
                  TheBoss Super nice of you to invite me dude thanks! That sounds so fun! Ill have to get permission from the mrs' though hahah. This thing can totally make it down to Kentucky but my wife really doesn't want me on the interstate or highway. Maybe if yall could convince her that its prolly just as safe as riding in town then maybe haha. I think it is safe if not more.

                  Are there any good routes to herdstock if your heading from illinois specifically either 70e, 72e or 57s? Maybe some cool stretches of highway?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Nice looking ride....

                    better keep that outta site from a certain Indiana boy here, there'll be drool all over it....
                    Ironhead
                    Last edited by DoubleJ; 05-14-2019, 11:06 PM.
                    Josh
                    Herd Member #00042
                    2017 Road Glide Ultra

                    R.I.P. Dad 1951-2015

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Welcome, Waffles!

                      I'm sure that Indiana boy Ironhead will drool, but he ain't the only Indiana boy that love iron!

                      I love this li'l hot rod beastie. That thing looks like a bare knuckled fistfight! I see from the rear foot brake and shifter position that would mess with your mind! I rode a 1970 XLCH once and the backwards shifter/brake placement really had me gassed.



                      I love the upside-down bar and shield on the pork&beans can. Not a lot o' folks these days would remember what that means.

                      Also like the intent of this build- still has a swingarm and front brake. So many chops are hardtails and they take the front brakes off.

                      Ride on!
                      Last edited by Big D; 05-14-2019, 07:58 PM.
                      PFFT PFFT PFFT PFFT PFFT

                      2001 FXDX Superglide Sport. More horses than a feller would want

                      Official HERD Member #00192

                      "What, me worry?" Alfred E. Neuman

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Sweet 'lil chop waffles....and blue too....welcome from Pennsyl-will-rain-on-ya.

                        Skip the interstates, hop on google map and find them two laners. See the real 'merica. Weekend of June 12 - 15, Cave City, KY.

                        Bunch of ugly guys.....and one short ugly guy.
                        Mark

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by waffles View Post
                          TheBoss Super nice of you to invite me dude thanks! That sounds so fun! Ill have to get permission from the mrs' though hahah. This thing can totally make it down to Kentucky but my wife really doesn't want me on the interstate or highway. Maybe if yall could convince her that its prolly just as safe as riding in town then maybe haha. I think it is safe if not more.

                          Are there any good routes to herdstock if your heading from illinois specifically either 70e, 72e or 57s? Maybe some cool stretches of highway?
                          Let one of these folks respond since....I live down in the south.

                          Geespot Big D wavman8 hockeydawg12 Ironhead
                          .
                          2010 FLHX - Street Glide
                          HERD MEMBER #00003

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by TheBoss View Post

                            Let one of these folks respond since....I live down in the south.

                            Geespot Big D wavman8 hockeydawg12 Ironhead
                            As of right now, wavman8 and I, and our beautiful wives, will be leaving from South Elgin, IL and heading to Kentucky together. Geespot is possibly coming with us with a friend of his. Haven't heard the definitive on that yet. Pretty sure we are heading down Wednesday, June 12. Dave (wavman8) made our reservations. Then we'd head back to Illinois on Sunday. More bikes means more fun.
                            A.K.A. Chad
                            Official Ear Tag #163
                            Official Member Paracord Posse
                            2012 FLHTK Ultra Limited
                            "I talk a lot but don't say much, and I know it..."
                            "If you want a friend in Washington, get a dog."

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by hockeydawg12 View Post

                              As of right now, wavman8 and I, and our beautiful wives, will be leaving from South Elgin, IL and heading to Kentucky together. Geespot is possibly coming with us with a friend of his. Haven't heard the definitive on that yet. Pretty sure we are heading down Wednesday, June 12. Dave (wavman8) made our reservations. Then we'd head back to Illinois on Sunday. More bikes means more fun.
                              Yup, my plans are still up in the air so really don't know what I'll be doing yet. Really want to go so have everything crossed. I'm up in the SW burbs so not down that way. We should have at least one person down that way from what I recall.

                              Love the scoot but my old bones would pay dearly if I ever got on that thing.
                              x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x
                              HERD member #66
                              HS I Survivor
                              HS II Survivor
                              HS III Survivor
                              HS IV,V,VI wanted to go.....

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X