Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My new Beast! Everyone meet Sheena (1969 Ironhead Sportster)!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MrMarty51
    replied
    Originally posted by waffles View Post
    Thanks yall! Im loving this thing more everyday. Still scares the piss outta me though lol
    Originally posted by TheBoss View Post

Just respect it and you will be fine!
    YUP, that's the name of the game, respect and, drive for the other drivers.

Leave a comment:

• JacktheBagger
    replied
    sweet , had a 69 XLCH back way back in the day , got it in 1971 I believe , was a blast , but alas , now a days a Sporty , I feel like a gorilla on a mini bike , not comfortable at all ..

Leave a comment:

• TheBoss
    replied
    Thanks yall! Im loving this thing more everyday. Still scares the piss outta me though lol
    Just respect it and you will be fine!

Leave a comment:

• waffles
    replied

Leave a comment:

• jirvin
    replied
    Nice looking bike! Welcome from Ky!

Leave a comment:

• HarleyGirl65
    replied
    Hi Waffles, welcome from Colorado. Cool looking scoot, but my back hurts just thinking about it! :)

Leave a comment:

• Geespot
    replied
    Originally posted by hockeydawg12 View Post

As of right now, wavman8 and I, and our beautiful wives, will be leaving from South Elgin, IL and heading to Kentucky together. Geespot is possibly coming with us with a friend of his. Haven't heard the definitive on that yet. Pretty sure we are heading down Wednesday, June 12. Dave (wavman8) made our reservations. Then we'd head back to Illinois on Sunday. More bikes means more fun.
    Yup, my plans are still up in the air so really don't know what I'll be doing yet. Really want to go so have everything crossed. I'm up in the SW burbs so not down that way. We should have at least one person down that way from what I recall.

Love the scoot but my old bones would pay dearly if I ever got on that thing.

Leave a comment:

• hockeydawg12
    replied
    Originally posted by TheBoss View Post

Let one of these folks respond since....I live down in the south.

Geespot Big D wavman8 hockeydawg12 Ironhead
    As of right now, wavman8 and I, and our beautiful wives, will be leaving from South Elgin, IL and heading to Kentucky together. Geespot is possibly coming with us with a friend of his. Haven't heard the definitive on that yet. Pretty sure we are heading down Wednesday, June 12. Dave (wavman8) made our reservations. Then we'd head back to Illinois on Sunday. More bikes means more fun.

Leave a comment:

• TheBoss
    replied
    TheBoss Super nice of you to invite me dude thanks! That sounds so fun! Ill have to get permission from the mrs' though hahah. This thing can totally make it down to Kentucky but my wife really doesn't want me on the interstate or highway. Maybe if yall could convince her that its prolly just as safe as riding in town then maybe haha. I think it is safe if not more.

Are there any good routes to herdstock if your heading from illinois specifically either 70e, 72e or 57s? Maybe some cool stretches of highway?
    Let one of these folks respond since....I live down in the south.

Geespot Big D wavman8 hockeydawg12 Ironhead

Leave a comment:

• BaggerBum
    replied
    Sweet 'lil chop waffles....and blue too....welcome from Pennsyl-will-rain-on-ya.

Skip the interstates, hop on google map and find them two laners. See the real 'merica. Weekend of June 12 - 15, Cave City, KY.

Bunch of ugly guys.....and one short ugly guy.

Leave a comment:

• Big D
    replied
    Welcome, Waffles!

I'm sure that Indiana boy Ironhead will drool, but he ain't the only Indiana boy that love iron!

I love this li'l hot rod beastie. That thing looks like a bare knuckled fistfight! I see from the rear foot brake and shifter position that would mess with your mind! I rode a 1970 XLCH once and the backwards shifter/brake placement really had me gassed.

I love the upside-down bar and shield on the pork&beans can. Not a lot o' folks these days would remember what that means.

Also like the intent of this build- still has a swingarm and front brake. So many chops are hardtails and they take the front brakes off.

Ride on!
    Last edited by Big D; 05-14-2019, 07:58 PM.

Leave a comment:

• DoubleJ
    replied
    Nice looking ride....

better keep that outta site from a certain Indiana boy here, there'll be drool all over it....
    Ironhead
    Last edited by DoubleJ; 05-14-2019, 11:06 PM.

Leave a comment:

• waffles
    replied
    TheBoss Super nice of you to invite me dude thanks! That sounds so fun! Ill have to get permission from the mrs' though hahah. This thing can totally make it down to Kentucky but my wife really doesn't want me on the interstate or highway. Maybe if yall could convince her that its prolly just as safe as riding in town then maybe haha. I think it is safe if not more.

Are there any good routes to herdstock if your heading from illinois specifically either 70e, 72e or 57s? Maybe some cool stretches of highway?

Leave a comment:

• TheBoss
    replied
    Cheers TheBoss! Thanks for welcoming me. That sucks that those people suck! Who should I stay away from?

The list is too long to post on a thread.

But once you meet any from the forum, you will see why we are truly family. We have an event in Kentucky next month that we call HERDSTOCK. It's our 10th year. You are welcome to go. I know you will need frequent stops for fuel but you will have a chance of meeting a bunch of ugly dudes and pretty women.

Leave a comment:

• waffles
    replied
    Cheers TheBoss! Thanks for welcoming me. That sucks that those people suck! Who should I stay away from?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X