• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Motive
    'Ain't quite right'™
    Kinda have a Life!
    • Apr 2010

Originally posted by blacksheep View Post
    These things have been around for years , and I know several guys down in Corpus who used to hang them on their bikes. They did use them too, and with quite effectiveness. Most were hand made to suite the individual, and no tow a like. They have been brought back for some damn reason. Most likely the same reason they sell SOA vests, and other items . Kind of like the Lone Wolf bike club and such. I never have understood the meaning behind them at all. You pay $$ to get a rocker ,beer holder, stickers for your cage, and other mindless crap, and for what? I don't get it. I just wonder some times how many innocent folks get themselves hurt because they bought some stupid shit to make them look cool.
    Some people buy bikes for all of the wrong reasons....
    It's not "derailed", as long as the last post relates to the post above it...it's just on a different rail, heading into a more interesting direction

Comment

• Crocodile56
      Grumpy Old Cuss
      This is my Life
      • Apr 2010

Ain't seen them in 30 years!!!
      OLD SKOOL BIKERS RULE, WE DO WHAT IT TAKES AND LIKE IT!!!
      With age comes wisdom, yeah right!
      FIRST "HERD BIKE OF THE MONTH CLUB MEMBER"
      RIP Rick.....Ride On Forever In Our Hearts My Brother!

Comment

• Cookie
        Kinda have a Life!
        • Apr 2010

I actually seen a guy yesterday with one of these hanging from his front brake. It twas kinda gay looking.
        HERD Member #114
        2007 FLHTCU Ultra Classic
        When all else fails, GET A BIGGER HAMMER!
        If common sense was so common, wouldn't everyone have it?

AKA: DAN

Comment

• yochanon
          Kinda have a Life!
          • Apr 2010

It was used for two reasons...one was as a weapon and cage smacker and the other is for when it's on the bike it provides a moving object, which attracts a drivers attention. People get 'bored' after a certain amount of time behind the wheel and begin to let things pass without really 'seeing' them - a dangerous situation - but when something 'moves' in their eyesight/periphery it's instantly noticed and the driver 'looks' at it.

I'll eventually have one on my ride, once I actually can save enough to get a nice one made.
          The Confederate States of America - Fighting terrorism since 1861

HERD #00062

Comment

• wndchsr
            HALL OF FAME - WEINER!
            • Apr 2010

Originally posted by Dan View Post
            I actually seen a guy yesterday with one of these hanging from his front brake. It twas kinda gay looking.
            To each his own man. I learned a long tme ago, the hard way I might add to never judge off first impressions.
            Herd Member #87
            US Navy Veteran

Comment

• V-Girl
              V-Rod baby!!!
              I Need a Life!
              • Apr 2010

I find a nice round hand sized beach rock works well....
              Official "Herd Booze taste tester!"

Member #0006 :babe

"Lead paint chips are chewy AND sweet......" In memory of Rick.

Comment

• bucknekkid
                Novice
                • Apr 2010

I saw one today at Tuggle Gap on the Blue Ridge Parkway, there is a little motel and restaurant there... The guy who has it must live up there coz I see him most everytime I'm there...
                -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                HERD # 00048
                Today is more like it is now than it has ever been before....
                09 Ultra

Comment

• Dimoncutr
                  Loud-Louder-LOUDEST
                  I Have a Life
                  • Apr 2010

Hey Boss! Fringe!
                  Proud Herd Member #00094
                  2010 FXDC
                  Keep it real.
                  Rubberdown

Comment

• Cookie
                    Kinda have a Life!
                    • Apr 2010

Originally posted by wndchsr View Post
                    To each his own man. I learned a long tme ago, the hard way I might add to never judge off first impressions.
                    I wasn't judging the person or the fact that they had the thing on the bike, the thing itself was gay looking!
                    HERD Member #114
                    2007 FLHTCU Ultra Classic
                    When all else fails, GET A BIGGER HAMMER!
                    If common sense was so common, wouldn't everyone have it?

AKA: DAN

Comment

• Motive
                      'Ain't quite right'™
                      Kinda have a Life!
                      • Apr 2010

Originally posted by yochanon View Post
                      People get 'bored' after a certain amount of time behind the wheel and begin to let things pass without really 'seeing' them - a dangerous situation - but when something 'moves' in their eyesight/periphery it's instantly noticed and the driver 'looks' at it.
                      Exactly why I don't stay near any other vehicle for very long.
                      It's not "derailed", as long as the last post relates to the post above it...it's just on a different rail, heading into a more interesting direction

Comment

• GeorgeP
                        HERD Member
                        • Oct 2013

Originally posted by BigWorm View Post
                        i've seen them before and yes they are mostly used for smacking on cages when they do something you don't like. most the time they will be on the road captians bike in a MC. i rode wit hte HA and red devils and the road captians had them, and were not afraid to us them. they make a hell of a dent on the hood of a toyota car. need less to say the car backed off. what i do know , if a sumbitch smacks my car with one i will run over the sob. i don't give a damn how many friends hes got with him.
                        After reading these post I have to agree with BigWorm looks like a way to make your bike unstable while riding and make a cager run over you! lol I guess it helps if you have cruise control! Someone told me if its on the clutch side the Police consider it a weapon, the thinking that you cant use it and the throttle at the same time.
                        Last edited by GeorgeP; 03-30-2014, 04:03 PM.
                        Official HERD Member #00221

Comment

• OK_Shane
                          Biker for Christ
                          I Have a Life
                          • Jun 2012

Good to see that most of you agree that leaving the one I have in the garage was the right choice. Still trying to figure out how and why I have one. If anyone has a need for a solid black weighted one PM me and let me know.
                          -Shane
                          Official HERD Member #00189
                          sigpic

Comment

• Boss
                            HALL OF FAME - WEINER!
                            • Mar 2010

Keep it Shane! No need to give it away. You never know when you get the crave of being a patched biker and decide to ride with it once or twice.
                            2010 FLHX - Street Glide - 150,700 miles
                            HERD MEMBER #00003

Comment

• MrMarty51
                              Rookie
                              This is my Life
                              • Apr 2010

Dadgummit, I sure miss a bunch of them people that had posted in here, wow, thats all.
                              OH yeah, if a weapon is needed for an offending cager, a big O~L boot works real good.
                              A guy I know, in California, He and I was riding along and come in behind a car, the bungaroo driving the car rolled down His window and dumped His ashtray, Well, Boo gets a facefull of ashes, He fell back, I was following and cursing the cager, Boo got His eyes back and His vision cleard, Nails the throttle and catches that guy, gets along side of Mr Bungaroo and starts kicking the crap out of the side of that Sooobarooo, Mr bungaroo pulls over and slows down, Boo hangs with Him, cursing and a screaming at Him, then nails it and goes around, I slowly passes the Sooobarooo and was amazed at the damage, I bet Mr Bungaroo did`n ever dodat again. :laughout

Boos real first name is Glenn, He is still alive but last I HERD of Him, He had got into the crank real bad and was living wherever He could find, My brother told Me He had set up a sort of a hidden camp on a friends property and had not a dime in His pocket. Glen has/had a Heritage Classic Softail with some very nice hotrod parts in the engine. Brother tells Me He would not sell the bike, but, it was not running and was in terrible cosmetic condition.
                              Man, I am so happy that God did`nt allow Me to get any deeper into dat chit than I had. Praise the Lord. :brian
                              Ear Tag no. 00030
                              CHRISTMAS 1995 | REMEMBRANCE

Comment

• MrMarty51
                                Rookie
                                This is my Life
                                • Apr 2010

Anyone ever hear any words from BlackSheep, Motive, Dimoncutr or any of the rest that I may have missed ????
                                Ear Tag no. 00030
                                CHRISTMAS 1995 | REMEMBRANCE

Comment

Working...
                                X