X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2015 Road Glide to have V-Rod engine

I heard today from our hog chapter director that he was told in a briefing that the Road Glide was pulled for 2014 to allow for redesign (lengthening) of the frame to accommodate the V-Rod engine's radiator.

I know that we've had all kinds of liquid cooling rumors but this one is coming from a named source.

Also was told that 2014 models will be getting unveiled on Aug 19th at the dealer show in Denver and that they will appear on the HD website on the same day.

I'm sure that Clone will give us the official intel as soon as its released.
    HSV Survivor
    Looking forward to HSVI

Re: 2015 Road Glide to have V-Rod engine

A quick check of the calendar... reveals that this is not the first of April...

Dave... ride a 2000 Superglide... Official HERD Member #00192

"What, me worry?" Alfred E. Neuman

Comment

Hey, Henry... that post #2 came out sounding wrong...

For three years running, way back when... the common gag on a very large forum, was to gin up a press release on April Fools Day about something the MoCo was doing, to stir the rabble. One gag was the immediate cessation of the Sportster. But two times... causing almost "War of the Worlds" hysteria, was Harley immediately adopting water cooling on engines.

Last edited by Big D; 08-11-2013, 05:23 PM.

Comment

Hey, Henry... that post #2 came out sounding wrong...

For three years running, way back when... the common gag on a very large forum, was to gin up a press release about something the MoCo was doing, to stir the rabble. One gag was the immediate cessation of the Sportster. But two times... causing almost "War of the Worlds" hysteria, was Harley immediately adopting water cooling on engines.

I'm aware of this, however, we know as fact that the Road Glide is being taken offline for a year.

Personally, I'd be OK if they just oil cooled the heads and put in a big oil cooler. But the V-Rod looks just like a Jap bike and if that's where HD is going then we are at the end of an era.

I heard similar rumors concerning marine engines getting catalytic converters and guess what, they got them now. So like it or not, the EPA is shoving this down our throats.

Wouldn't be surprised at all if some time in the future they lock the ECU so that it can't be changed to thwart all the mods that get done today or worse yet require emissions testing on bikes like they do on cars.
        HSV Survivor
        Looking forward to HSVI

Comment

If it comes from a member guy must be true
          Last edited by TheBoss; 09-05-2013, 08:15 PM.
          Once you go Bagger, you don't come back! RK with a few tweaks... Glock Borkaty Bork Bork! HERD#00011 (Original Crew)

Comment

I'm aware of this, however, we know as fact that the Road Glide is being taken offline for a year.

Personally, I'd be OK if they just oil cooled the heads and put in a big oil cooler. But the V-Rod looks just like a Jap bike and if that's where HD is going then we are at the end of an era.

I heard similar rumors concerning marine engines getting catalytic converters and guess what, they got them now. So like it or not, the EPA is shoving this down our throats.

Wouldn't be surprised at all if some time in the future they lock the ECU so that it can't be changed to thwart all the mods that get done today or worse yet require emissions testing on bikes like they do on cars.
            I know... seems that weathervane is swinging in that direction.

That's why... iffen I live long enough... my next new Harley-Davidson will have been built in the late '70's to early '80's, will be a carbureted, shovelheaded, chain-driven bobber.

I'm not far from the time of drooling in my porridge, so let the innovations happen without my protests.

Comment

Attachment
              Attached Files
              HSV Survivor
              Looking forward to HSVI

Comment

Having just made some not insignificant mods to get mine running cooler, I think they will have no choice but to go liquid cooled if they have to meet EPA regs. The bikes are just dang near unbearable to ride with the catalytic converters and air cooling.
                Moo Ton Crew
                2013 Road Glide Ultra

Comment

Yeah and he heard from his brothers wife's cousin's nephew who knows a guy that knows another guy how has a relative that has another relative that sees a Harley mechanic at the coffee shop once a year right?
                  sigpic
                  Patriot Guard ID #181788
                  US Navy Veteran
                  Herd Member #87
                  Liquid Cooled is Riding in the Rain and a proud Luddite Member

Comment

I know... seems that weathervane is swinging in that direction.

That's why... iffen I live long enough... my next new Harley-Davidson will have been built in the late '70's to early '80's, will be a carbureted, shovelheaded, chain-driven bobber.

I'm not far from the time of drooling in my porridge, so let the innovations happen without my protests.
                    Glad I have one I dont mind keeping for the rest of my riding days if need be.
                    sigpic
                    Patriot Guard ID #181788
                    US Navy Veteran
                    Herd Member #87

Comment

Yeah and he heard from his brothers wife's cousin's nephew who knows a guy that knows another guy how has a relative that has another relative that sees a Harley mechanic at the coffee shop once a year right?
                      See you know what I'm saying, I have seena few of them guys! here anyway
                      Last edited by TheBoss; 09-05-2013, 08:16 PM.
                      Once you go Bagger, you don't come back! RK with a few tweaks... Glock Borkaty Bork Bork! HERD#00011 (Original Crew)

Comment

See you know what I'm saying, I have seena few of them members guys! here anyway
                        Yeah we got em here to Jay........Funny looking bunch.
                        Last edited by TheBoss; 09-05-2013, 08:16 PM.
                        sigpic
                        Patriot Guard ID #181788
                        US Navy Veteran
                        Herd Member #87

Comment

Yeah we got em here to Jay........Funny looking bunch.
                          My wife likes the way I look Jeff....
                          "Normal Sized Frank"
                          Official HERD Member #00198
                          Nashmafia charter non-member. Luddite air breather.
                          sigpic

Comment

Like we said, perfect example

Comment

And as long as she is happy with the odd way you look..........That is all that matters.
                              sigpic
                              Patriot Guard ID #181788
                              US Navy Veteran
                              Herd Member #87

Comment

Working...
                              X