Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2015 Road Glide to have V-Rod engine

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 2015 Road Glide to have V-Rod engine

    I heard today from our hog chapter director that he was told in a briefing that the Road Glide was pulled for 2014 to allow for redesign (lengthening) of the frame to accommodate the V-Rod engine's radiator.

    I know that we've had all kinds of liquid cooling rumors but this one is coming from a named source.

    Also was told that 2014 models will be getting unveiled on Aug 19th at the dealer show in Denver and that they will appear on the HD website on the same day.

    I'm sure that Clone will give us the official intel as soon as its released.
    “Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results.” - Albert Einstein

  • #2
    A quick check of the calendar... reveals that this is not the first of April...

    :ha
    Dave... ride a 2000 Superglide... Official HERD Member #00192

    "What, me worry?" Alfred E. Neuman

    Comment


    • #3
      Hey, Henry... that post #2 came out sounding wrong...

      For three years running, way back when... the common gag on a very large forum, was to gin up a press release on April Fools Day about something the MoCo was doing, to stir the rabble. One gag was the immediate cessation of the Sportster. But two times... causing almost "War of the Worlds" hysteria, was Harley immediately adopting water cooling on engines.

      :ha
      Last edited by Big D; 08-11-2013, 05:23 PM.
      Dave... ride a 2000 Superglide... Official HERD Member #00192

      "What, me worry?" Alfred E. Neuman

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Big D View Post
        Hey, Henry... that post #2 came out sounding wrong...

        For three years running, way back when... the common gag on a very large forum, was to gin up a press release about something the MoCo was doing, to stir the rabble. One gag was the immediate cessation of the Sportster. But two times... causing almost "War of the Worlds" hysteria, was Harley immediately adopting water cooling on engines.

        :ha
        I'm aware of this, however, we know as fact that the Road Glide is being taken offline for a year.

        Personally, I'd be OK if they just oil cooled the heads and put in a big oil cooler. But the V-Rod looks just like a Jap bike and if that's where HD is going then we are at the end of an era.

        I heard similar rumors concerning marine engines getting catalytic converters and guess what, they got them now. So like it or not, the EPA is shoving this down our throats.

        Wouldn't be surprised at all if some time in the future they lock the ECU so that it can't be changed to thwart all the mods that get done today or worse yet require emissions testing on bikes like they do on cars.
        “Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results.” - Albert Einstein

        Comment


        • #5
          If it comes from a member guy must be true:)
          Last edited by TheBoss; 09-05-2013, 08:15 PM.
          Once you go Bagger, you don't come back! RK with a few tweaks... Glock Borkaty Bork Bork! HERD#00011 (Original Crew)

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by RoadKing View Post
            I'm aware of this, however, we know as fact that the Road Glide is being taken offline for a year.

            Personally, I'd be OK if they just oil cooled the heads and put in a big oil cooler. But the V-Rod looks just like a Jap bike and if that's where HD is going then we are at the end of an era.

            I heard similar rumors concerning marine engines getting catalytic converters and guess what, they got them now. So like it or not, the EPA is shoving this down our throats.

            Wouldn't be surprised at all if some time in the future they lock the ECU so that it can't be changed to thwart all the mods that get done today or worse yet require emissions testing on bikes like they do on cars.
            I know... seems that weathervane is swinging in that direction.

            That's why... iffen I live long enough... my next new Harley-Davidson will have been built in the late '70's to early '80's, will be a carbureted, shovelheaded, chain-driven bobber.

            I'm not far from the time of drooling in my porridge, so let the innovations happen without my protests.
            Dave... ride a 2000 Superglide... Official HERD Member #00192

            "What, me worry?" Alfred E. Neuman

            Comment


            • #7
              Click image for larger version

Name:	VRODRG.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	132.1 KB
ID:	1002026
              “Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results.” - Albert Einstein

              Comment


              • #8
                Having just made some not insignificant mods to get mine running cooler, I think they will have no choice but to go liquid cooled if they have to meet EPA regs. The bikes are just dang near unbearable to ride with the catalytic converters and air cooling.
                Moo Ton Crew
                2013 Road Glide Ultra

                Comment


                • #9
                  Yeah and he heard from his brothers wife's cousin's nephew who knows a guy that knows another guy how has a relative that has another relative that sees a Harley mechanic at the coffee shop once a year right? :ha
                  Herd Member #87

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Big D View Post
                    I know... seems that weathervane is swinging in that direction.

                    That's why... iffen I live long enough... my next new Harley-Davidson will have been built in the late '70's to early '80's, will be a carbureted, shovelheaded, chain-driven bobber.

                    I'm not far from the time of drooling in my porridge, so let the innovations happen without my protests.
                    Glad I have one I dont mind keeping for the rest of my riding days if need be.
                    Herd Member #87

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by wndchsr View Post
                      Yeah and he heard from his brothers wife's cousin's nephew who knows a guy that knows another guy how has a relative that has another relative that sees a Harley mechanic at the coffee shop once a year right? :ha
                      See you know what I'm saying, I have seena few of them guys! :) here anyway:)
                      Last edited by TheBoss; 09-05-2013, 08:16 PM.
                      Once you go Bagger, you don't come back! RK with a few tweaks... Glock Borkaty Bork Bork! HERD#00011 (Original Crew)

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by JBone View Post
                        See you know what I'm saying, I have seena few of them members guys! :) here anyway:)
                        Yeah we got em here to Jay........Funny looking bunch. :laughout
                        Last edited by TheBoss; 09-05-2013, 08:16 PM.
                        Herd Member #87

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by wndchsr View Post
                          Yeah we got em here to Jay........Funny looking bunch. :laughout
                          My wife likes the way I look Jeff....
                          "Normal Sized Frank"
                          Official HERD Member #00198
                          Nashmafia charter non-member. Luddite air breather.
                          sigpic

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by G3Truks View Post
                            My wife likes the way I look Jeff....
                            Like we said, perfect example:)
                            Once you go Bagger, you don't come back! RK with a few tweaks... Glock Borkaty Bork Bork! HERD#00011 (Original Crew)

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by G3Truks View Post
                              My wife likes the way I look Jeff....
                              And as long as she is happy with the odd way you look..........That is all that matters. :)
                              Herd Member #87

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X